Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby vegenator » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Hmm... just got another Texas fee waiver. I got one in September (took the LSAT in Feb and registered with CRS in August). Hopefully I'll get a few more from the October LSAT wave (missed a few from the June wave). Pessimism beginning to fade... :D

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Just got Texas.. which is funny since I was admitted last week lol.

cafedumonde
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby cafedumonde » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Has anyone had any success getting an unsolicited fee waiver for schools they applied to in a previous cycle? Because that would be awesome.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Why does Tejas haaaate me?! lol

Did you guys get an email?

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Entchen » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:12 pm

lastch2 wrote:still no love from the t-14 except for UVA! 3.5x/177...what is up?! :cry:


Hi twin :)

gerbal
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby gerbal » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:12 pm

any reasons I'm not getting any fee waivers? I signed up for CRS on Monday.
3.8x/179

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:14 pm

gerbal wrote:any reasons I'm not getting any fee waivers? I signed up for CRS on Monday.
3.8x/179


Perhaps because you signed up Monday. Some schools appear to have done searches last Friday. (As evidenced by someone receiving mail from Cornell on Monday with a fee waiver based on their October score.)

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:26 pm

neonx wrote:Who Needs Fee Waivers? These Apps Are Free:
(21, 167) Illinois: $0
(42; 165) George Mason: $0
(34; 167) Washington & Lee: $0
(42; 163) Utah: $0
(56; 163) Loyola-Marymount: $0
(56; 160) Case Western Reserve: $0
(64, 162) Baylor: $0
(67; 164) Brooklyn: $0
(78; 161) Loyola-Chicago: $0
(80; 163) Chicago-Kent, IIT: $0
(86; 158) University of Arkansas-Fayetteville: $0

Did you mean Loyola Chicago? Because Loyola Marymount says $65 on LSAC.

jonc4
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby jonc4 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:31 pm

How does this work? All I need to do is register for CRS and they should come to me via email?

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Hannibal » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:31 pm

Loyola Chicago is mentioned lower. FWIW, I got a LLS fee waiver just by emailing them without any stats or LSAC number.

gerbal
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby gerbal » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Perhaps because you signed up Monday. Some schools appear to have done searches last Friday. (As evidenced by someone receiving mail from Cornell on Monday with a fee waiver based on their October score.)


that sucks...does this mean I'll have to wait until schools do a search for the dec LSAT for me to get any fee waivers? Will they only be searching amongst people who took the exam in Dec?

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:37 pm

gerbal wrote:
Perhaps because you signed up Monday. Some schools appear to have done searches last Friday. (As evidenced by someone receiving mail from Cornell on Monday with a fee waiver based on their October score.)


that sucks...does this mean I'll have to wait until schools do a search for the dec LSAT for me to get any fee waivers? Will they only be searching amongst people who took the exam in Dec?

No they will search again before Dec. You can also try emailing some schools if you don't hear from them in the next week.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Hannibal wrote:Loyola Chicago is mentioned lower. FWIW, I got a LLS fee waiver just by emailing them without any stats or LSAC number.

Oh, right. Didn't look further down *oops*

I just replied to the email they had sent me in Sept about attending one of the LSAC forums and how they would waive my fee if I stopped by. I never attended the forum but just emailed them now asking if they would still waive.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby 2014 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:01 pm

I got UC Boulder by request today.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:02 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
gerbal wrote:any reasons I'm not getting any fee waivers? I signed up for CRS on Monday.
3.8x/179


Perhaps because you signed up Monday. Some schools appear to have done searches last Friday. (As evidenced by someone receiving mail from Cornell on Monday with a fee waiver based on their October score.)

My Cornell snail mail is postmarked 10/28/10 so it is probably based on my EARLIER score...

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:11 pm

I had emailed Seattle University about a merit-based fee waiver before, since my previous LSAT score of 164 was already way above their 75th percentile, but they told me that in order to qualify, I would need to be above the 75th in both LSAT and GPA. So, I went ahead with my application, planning to pay the full fee. Their application requires you to print out a certification letter, sign it, and mail it in with your application fee, but when I went ahead and submitted the application and checked out, the application fee was listed as "$0 - waived (CRS)."

Does that mean they waived the fee for me, or is that just because you're supposed to mail it in? I'm confused.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:13 pm

if you do it through lsac, you have to pay with credit card the fee prior to checkout. If you dont have to pay, then its waived! congrats!

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 pm

northwood wrote:if you do it through lsac, you have to pay with credit card the fee prior to checkout. If you dont have to pay, then its waived! congrats!


That's why I'm confused... even though it is through LSAC, their application made it sound like you have to mail it in. But that would be dumb.... right...?

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:21 pm

i would agree. If you are still confused, call them in the morning.

I called Seton Hall this morning, and they told me that if I didnt have to pay when i went complete on lsac, then i dont have to pay. Double check to make sure though. TO ease your mind, print out the fee waiver e mail and keep it in your records

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Adjudicator wrote:I had emailed Seattle University about a merit-based fee waiver before, since my previous LSAT score of 164 was already way above their 75th percentile, but they told me that in order to qualify, I would need to be above the 75th in both LSAT and GPA. So, I went ahead with my application, planning to pay the full fee. Their application requires you to print out a certification letter, sign it, and mail it in with your application fee, but when I went ahead and submitted the application and checked out, the application fee was listed as "$0 - waived (CRS)."

Does that mean they waived the fee for me, or is that just because you're supposed to mail it in? I'm confused.


I feel like the "waived through CRS" part of this makes it less ambiguous. If it's waived, then it's waived. But call if you're uncertain.

User avatar
cmaas
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby cmaas » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:41 pm

did anyone who only took the Oct 2010 LSAT get one from Cornell?

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:44 pm

cmaas wrote:did anyone who only took the Oct 2010 LSAT get one from Cornell?


I've only heard one person mention it, and I think they later said it was sent the day before scores came out, so probably not. They usually send them via snail mail, so they should turn up hidden soon...

lolok
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lolok » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:54 pm

weirdest thing ever...I checked for a fee waiver for Penn on Monday and didn't have one, but went to submit today and the fee was waived. I didn't take the Oct. LSAT...not sure what happened there, but pretty happy I just saved $80!

sharpnsmooth
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby sharpnsmooth » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:08 am

duke, uva, nw, ucla all from oct score (not texas--want one).i wouldve saved arund 200 bucks from cornell and usc most prob if i waited for my score before applying, and didnt gain any time from submitting pre score.

MPeterson
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby MPeterson » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:04 am

lolok wrote:weirdest thing ever...I checked for a fee waiver for Penn on Monday and didn't have one, but went to submit today and the fee was waived. I didn't take the Oct. LSAT...not sure what happened there, but pretty happy I just saved $80!


Pretty much the same thing happened to me...


By the way, my Texas waiver apparently wasn't hidden. Got an e-mail today.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], carlos_danger, ND2018, t-14orbust and 5 guests