Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
adt231
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby adt231 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:55 am

Got that too. Do they really think that is going to help attract better candidates to their law school or do you think it's just a PR move to get their school a bit more attention? lol

sem5117 wrote:Alabama, along with a fee waiver, is offering 20 free music downloads on iTunes for applying...

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:57 am

sgtgrumbles wrote:People who got Chicago: what were your numbers? I have a 174 LSAT but a weak GPA and no hidden waiver.


3.88 GPA, 170 LSAT

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby 2014 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:02 am

doug_7506 wrote:
sem5117 wrote:Alabama, along with a fee waiver, is offering 20 free music downloads on iTunes for applying...


That's a first. Lol

They did it last year too...
I'm definitely going to apply there though haha, I want my gift card.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 am

UVa, Penn, Cardozo, UST, Minnesota, W&M.

Superior / 170.

User avatar
plenipotentiary
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby plenipotentiary » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 am

2014 wrote:
doug_7506 wrote:
sem5117 wrote:Alabama, along with a fee waiver, is offering 20 free music downloads on iTunes for applying...


That's a first. Lol

They did it last year too...
I'm definitely going to apply there though haha, I want my gift card.


I wish I had known this before I got in somewhere ED (meaning that I can't initiate new applications). $12 for a $20 gift card is a good deal!

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:08 am

Ohio Northern and another Michigan State (maybe my 5th or 6th) via email this morning.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby kk19131 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:11 am

Michigan State is stalking me... :(

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby sgtgrumbles » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 am

nullisecundus wrote:UVa, Penn, Cardozo, UST, Minnesota, W&M.

Superior / 170.


You got Penn? F'real? Hidden or email?

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby timmna » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:26 am

Vanderbilt just now.

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby omninode » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:36 am

timmna wrote:Vanderbilt just now.

+1

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby musicfor18 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 am

+1

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:43 am

musicfor18 wrote:+1

e-mail?

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby timmna » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:47 am

tipler4213 wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:+1

e-mail?


Mine came via e-mail.

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:48 am

ahduth wrote:What if they've hidden it so well even this doesn't work? I'm positive there's a Columbia fee waiver out there. I just... can't seem to find it. Where could they have hidden it?


Lolwut?

I'm going to take this as a joke.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby MissLucky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:48 am

tipler4213 wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:+1

e-mail?


yea, e-mail.
i love how the only legit places that sent me fee waivers (northwestern and vanderbilt) are places I wouldn't have applied to.

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:49 am

sgtgrumbles wrote:
nullisecundus wrote:UVa, Penn, Cardozo, UST, Minnesota, W&M.

Superior / 170.


You got Penn? F'real? Hidden or email?


Nulli- was that after this administration or the last?

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:49 am

Emory came through (finally) - was worried I'd have to shell out an additional $70 on top of my already massive Emory-induced debt.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby kk19131 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 am

Just got Cardozo

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby forward » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 am

This may be reported already (haven't checked what I missed ITT yesterday), but UT waiver came for me this morning. Hidden.

User avatar
oscodasa
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby oscodasa » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 am

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:Emory came through (finally) - was worried I'd have to shell out an additional $70 on top of my already massive Emory-induced debt.


Was this via e-mail or by request?

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 am

oscodasa wrote:
NonTradHealthLaw wrote:Emory came through (finally) - was worried I'd have to shell out an additional $70 on top of my already massive Emory-induced debt.


Was this via e-mail or by request?


Unsolicited via email.

User avatar
oscodasa
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby oscodasa » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:09 am

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:
oscodasa wrote:
NonTradHealthLaw wrote:Emory came through (finally) - was worried I'd have to shell out an additional $70 on top of my already massive Emory-induced debt.


Was this via e-mail or by request?


Unsolicited via email.


If you don't mind my asking, what are your stats? I sent them a request Monday and they sent back an uncommonly snarky response. It really left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

User avatar
deadpoetnsp
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby deadpoetnsp » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:23 am

oscodasa wrote:
NonTradHealthLaw wrote:
oscodasa wrote:
NonTradHealthLaw wrote:Emory came through (finally) - was worried I'd have to shell out an additional $70 on top of my already massive Emory-induced debt.


Was this via e-mail or by request?


Unsolicited via email.


If you don't mind my asking, what are your stats? I sent them a request Monday and they sent back an uncommonly snarky response. It really left me with a bad taste in my mouth.


I got an extremely cold reply from Emory too, which was unlike the response from any other law school. Well, they have lost an applicant that could have raised their rankings. I have 168/'Superior'

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:24 am

I got Vandy today too.

User avatar
oscodasa
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby oscodasa » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:27 am

Was this via e-mail or by request?[/quote]

Unsolicited via email.[/quote]

If you don't mind my asking, what are your stats? I sent them a request Monday and they sent back an uncommonly snarky response. It really left me with a bad taste in my mouth.[/quote]

I got an extremely cold reply from Emory too, which was unlike the response from any other law school. Well, they have lost an applicant that could have raised their rankings. I have 168/'Superior'[/quote]

Ditto - I'm a 170.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests