Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Just got Minnesota.... no love from UCLA yet :(

Miranda 18
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Miranda 18 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:27 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Just got Minnesota.... no love from UCLA yet :(



Also received one from Minnesota....kind of excited because I do like the school but did not want to dish out the money for an application.

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby TheOcho » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Duke and UCLA fee waivers via e-mail. Invitation to apply from Georgetown, which isn't a fee waiver I assume?

Also, I already applied to UCLA last night and paid the corresponding fee. Can I ask for a refund and if so, how would I go about doing that? Thanks TLS.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Miranda 18 wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Just got Minnesota.... no love from UCLA yet :(



Also received one from Minnesota....kind of excited because I do like the school but did not want to dish out the money for an application.


You know what bugs me about Minnesota? The whole having to use their laptop thing. I have a laptop, being forced to use a crappy Dell they give me would not make me happy.

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:31 pm

I think my question got passed over...can you request Duke PT? I got fee waiver with a 165 this summer and just retook for 170, which I would think would be competitive if it weren't for the retake.

3.88 gpa
Last edited by tipler4213 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohyouknow
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby ohyouknow » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:31 pm

I don't have my LSDAS GPA yet because I haven't submitted my transcripts yet. Is that is affecting how many fee waivers I am getting?

I have gotten them from Minnesota UVA and UCLA.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:37 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Miranda 18 wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Just got Minnesota.... no love from UCLA yet :(



Also received one from Minnesota....kind of excited because I do like the school but did not want to dish out the money for an application.


You know what bugs me about Minnesota? The whole having to use their laptop thing. I have a laptop, being forced to use a crappy Dell they give me would not make me happy.


That alone is enough to make me toss out any interest I my have had in them. Nobody should be forced to "learn" on those POS contraptions.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:44 pm

I wonder if anything else will be coming out way tonight.

E-mail:
University of Virginia: 11/1 (e-mail 1:59 PM ET)
Duke: 11/1 (e-mail 2:45 PM ET)
UCLA: 11/1 (e-mail 4:22 PM ET)
Washington University - St. Louis: 11/1 (e-mail 12:00 PM ET)
Boston University: 11/1 (e-mail 11:24 AM ET)
University of Minnesota: 11/1 (e-mail 3:44 PM ET)
Indiana University - Bloomington: 11/1 (e-mail 2:12 PM ET)
William & Mary: 11/1 (e-mail 10:16 AM ET)
Temple: 11/1 (e-mail 3:39 PM ET)
Akron: 11/1 (e-mail 9:37 AM ET)

Hidden Fee Waiver:
NYU: 11/1
University of Michigan: 11/1
Duke: 11/1
Boston University: 11/1

Request Approved:
University of Virginia: 11/1 (e-mail reply within the hour)
Last edited by neonx on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Everyone is getting UCLA except me! :x

User avatar
Sinra
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Sinra » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Today I got:

W&M
Duke
Georgetown
UVA
UI
Minnesota
BU
Indiana
Akron
WUSTL

I want love from UCLA too. And NYU. And Columbia. And Cornell. :(

User avatar
catsparka
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby catsparka » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Hidden fee waivers from NYU and Michigan (11/1)!

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby TheOcho » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:59 pm

TheOcho wrote:Duke and UCLA fee waivers via e-mail. Invitation to apply from Georgetown, which isn't a fee waiver I assume?

Also, I already applied to UCLA last night and paid the corresponding fee. Can I ask for a refund and if so, how would I go about doing that? Thanks TLS.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:01 pm

University of South Carolina School of Law e-mail.

woo. hoo.

User avatar
catsparka
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby catsparka » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:03 pm

neonx wrote:University of South Carolina School of Law e-mail.

woo. hoo.


Same here. I just really want Columbia.

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Yay! I got UCLA just now.

I'm definitely applying to UCLA, and Minnesota. WUSTL too.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:07 pm

catsparka wrote:
neonx wrote:University of South Carolina School of Law e-mail.

woo. hoo.


Same here. I just really want Columbia.


Me too!

Waiting desperately for Columbia, Chicago, Penn, and Texas.

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:09 pm

catsparka wrote:Same here. I just really want Columbia.


+1000. That's partly the reason I've been updating all day. I just want to know when it comes in so I can submit, whether I get it or not.

User avatar
cmaas
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby cmaas » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:18 pm

neonx wrote:I wonder if anything else will be coming out way tonight.

E-mail:
University of Virginia: 11/1 (e-mail 1:59 PM ET)
Duke: 11/1 (e-mail 2:45 PM ET)
UCLA: 11/1 (e-mail 4:22 PM ET)
Washington University - St. Louis: 11/1 (e-mail 12:00 PM ET)
Boston University: 11/1 (e-mail 11:24 AM ET)
University of Minnesota: 11/1 (e-mail 3:44 PM ET)
Indiana University - Bloomington: 11/1 (e-mail 2:12 PM ET)
William & Mary: 11/1 (e-mail 10:16 AM ET)
Temple: 11/1 (e-mail 3:39 PM ET)
Akron: 11/1 (e-mail 9:37 AM ET)

Hidden Fee Waiver:
NYU: 11/1
University of Michigan: 11/1
Duke: 11/1
Boston University: 11/1

Request Approved:
University of Virginia: 11/1 (e-mail reply within the hour)



What is a hidden fee waiver?

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Hannibal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Got UCLA, NYU (Hidden), UMinn, WUSTL, Temple, UI, UVA, W&M by email today in total (so far). No love from Georgetown, BU or Duke.
Last edited by Hannibal on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby beleaguer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:21 pm

TheOcho wrote:
TheOcho wrote:Duke and UCLA fee waivers via e-mail. Invitation to apply from Georgetown, which isn't a fee waiver I assume?

Also, I already applied to UCLA last night and paid the corresponding fee. Can I ask for a refund and if so, how would I go about doing that? Thanks TLS.


in the same situation. i emailed them back to ask for a refund, will let you know if i hear back!

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby TheOcho » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:24 pm

beleaguer wrote:
TheOcho wrote:
TheOcho wrote:Duke and UCLA fee waivers via e-mail. Invitation to apply from Georgetown, which isn't a fee waiver I assume?

Also, I already applied to UCLA last night and paid the corresponding fee. Can I ask for a refund and if so, how would I go about doing that? Thanks TLS.


in the same situation. i emailed them back to ask for a refund, will let you know if i hear back!


Thanks much!

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:34 pm

cmaas wrote:What is a hidden fee waiver?


They are waivers that show up when you go to submit your app but the school didn't inform you of.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129078

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby 2014 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:35 pm

I got like 15 today, pretty exciting.
Probably about 4 worth applying to :P

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:36 pm

Brigham Young Email

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby omninode » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:44 pm

Emails so far today:

Minnesota
Temple
Indiana - Bloomington
Washington University St. Louis
Boston University
William & Mary
Akron
South Carolina
UCLA

I have not checked for hidden waivers.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KissMyAxe, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests