Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:02 pm

I feel like Michigan State is stalking me.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby justadude55 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:05 pm

did anyone get Emory last month???????????

danicalifornia
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby danicalifornia » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:09 pm

For those of you receiving fee waivers from schools contacting you, do you already have a LSAT score on file?

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Jack Smirks » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:14 pm

danicalifornia wrote:For those of you receiving fee waivers from schools contacting you, do you already have a LSAT score on file?

I do.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby justadude55 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:14 pm

danicalifornia wrote:For those of you receiving fee waivers from schools contacting you, do you already have a LSAT score on file?

yea

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:21 pm

MPeterson wrote:I apparently got a hidden fee waiver to Texas.

#s pls?

MPeterson
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby MPeterson » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:32 am

JJDancer wrote:
MPeterson wrote:I apparently got a hidden fee waiver to Texas.

#s pls?


174/3.99


I just confirmed that this was hidden. I have no e-mails in my inbox with "Texas Law" in the body, and I don't remember any letters, either.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Vandy again, but landed in my junk folder in Yahoo.

Message said some waiver mail may not have gone out properly so they are resending.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:08 pm

MPeterson wrote:
JJDancer wrote:
MPeterson wrote:I apparently got a hidden fee waiver to Texas.

#s pls?


174/3.99


I just confirmed that this was hidden. I have no e-mails in my inbox with "Texas Law" in the body, and I don't remember any letters, either.


My waiver email was from Susan Beckman, and subject was "University of Texas School of Law Fee Waiver. Landed in the junk folder. I audit my junk folder daily, or I would have missed it.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby beachbum » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:31 pm

r6_philly wrote:Vandy again, but landed in my junk folder in Yahoo.

Message said some waiver mail may not have gone out properly so they are resending.


+1. Vandy is at the top of my list, so hopefully this means they're waiting in feverish anticipation for my incredible (auto-admit) application.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby ahduth » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:44 pm

None of these people send me fee waivers. I'm not sure what I did wrong. It probably has something to do with me having had to pee so badly during the logic games section of the LSAT.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:58 pm

ahduth wrote:None of these people send me fee waivers. I'm not sure what I did wrong. It probably has something to do with me having had to pee so badly during the logic games section of the LSAT.


How come no one suggests diapers or depends as a part of LSAT prep?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:59 pm

beachbum wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Vandy again, but landed in my junk folder in Yahoo.

Message said some waiver mail may not have gone out properly so they are resending.


+1. Vandy is at the top of my list, so hopefully this means they're waiting in feverish anticipation for my incredible (auto-admit) application.


Yes they want to make sure you apply. I wonder if the run the query against people who meet the criteria but haven't applied - just in case the last email didn't take. I think I like Austin better than Nashville so I will skip this one.

User avatar
ziggie
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby ziggie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:41 pm

.
Last edited by ziggie on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:31 am

My 167 isn't going to get me any fee waivers that my 168 hasn't :(
Sigh. No retake.. just time to pick myself up and apply.

supersar
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby supersar » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:35 pm

Acceptance Letter from Georgetown Today - wow they were fast!! :D :D

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Hannibal » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:36 pm

I sent a request for a Columbia fee waiver last night...to Chicago.

Yeah I'm dumb.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby beachbum » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Hannibal wrote:I sent a request for a Columbia fee waiver last night...to Chicago.

Yeah I'm dumb.


Whoops.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Dany » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:43 pm

Hannibal wrote:I sent a request for a Columbia fee waiver last night...to Chicago.

Yeah I'm dumb.

Man, if only someone had told you to STEP AWAY FROM THE EMAIL.

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby sgtgrumbles » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Have people sent out fee waiver request emails with October LSAT scores? Should I just wait until Monday?

cubswin
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby cubswin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Hannibal wrote:I sent a request for a Columbia fee waiver last night...to Chicago.

Yeah I'm dumb.


"Unfortunately, the University of Chicago does not offer fee waivers to Columbia University. Thanks for your inquiry."

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby jwaters » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:53 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:Have people sent out fee waiver request emails with October LSAT scores? Should I just wait until Monday?


I sent out a bunch this morning, already got a reply from a safety.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Do UPenn or Fordham give merit waivers on request? I doubt I'd get a merit waiver from UPenn but I thought I'd ask.

(168 (twice), 3.77)

MPeterson
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby MPeterson » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:Do UPenn or Fordham give merit waivers on request? I doubt I'd get a merit waiver from UPenn but I thought I'd ask.

(168 (twice), 3.77)


I asked UPenn, and they said they only do it automatically.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lifestooquick » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:34 pm

If your LSAT is at a school's 75th but your GPA is below their 25th, would you email requesting a waiver? Would you just give them your LSAT score in the email?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests