Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Entchen » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:13 am

Bildungsroman wrote:No hidden UPenn waiver for me :(


Me neither :(

Oh well, maybe I just won't write that extra essay.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby 4102011 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:29 am

eskimo wrote:Hidden Penn. My app list/fee waiver list is complete. Paying to apply to H & S, waivers to CCN/MVP/DCNG/V.


My list is done too! Paying for HYSCC (because the C's </3 me), & waivers from NMVPDG~

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby kk19131 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:29 am

Wow... a snub from Penn.

...and I planned to apply there ED... :(

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby sgtgrumbles » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:57 am

dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:Hidden Penn. My app list/fee waiver list is complete. Paying to apply to H & S, waivers to CCN/MVP/DCNG/V.


My list is done too! Paying for HYSCC (because the C's </3 me), & waivers from NMVPDG~

The N is NYU, correct? Not Northwestern? Did you request all of these, or were some offered to you unsolicited? My school list is very similar so I'm curious.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby 4102011 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:59 am

sgtgrumbles wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:Hidden Penn. My app list/fee waiver list is complete. Paying to apply to H & S, waivers to CCN/MVP/DCNG/V.


My list is done too! Paying for HYSCC (because the C's </3 me), & waivers from NMVPDG~

The N is NYU, correct? Not Northwestern? Did you request all of these, or were some offered to you unsolicited? My school list is very similar so I'm curious.


Yeah, N is NYU. I requested Georgetown and UVA, got Michigan, Penn, Duke (PT), & NYU unsolicited.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby vegenator » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:50 am

I just got an unsolicited Suffolk waiver via email. I had also asked Indiana about a waiver back in August, they just responded and gave it to me. Between my initial request and now, I did get the unsolicited CRS based waiver from Indiana, so.... yeah.... two waivers from Indiana! :mrgreen:

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:59 am

Asked USC for a waiver yesterday.. no response yet.

Anyone solicit one from them yet?

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby sgtgrumbles » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:00 pm

dulcatis wrote:
sgtgrumbles wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:Hidden Penn. My app list/fee waiver list is complete. Paying to apply to H & S, waivers to CCN/MVP/DCNG/V.


My list is done too! Paying for HYSCC (because the C's </3 me), & waivers from NMVPDG~

The N is NYU, correct? Not Northwestern? Did you request all of these, or were some offered to you unsolicited? My school list is very similar so I'm curious.


Yeah, N is NYU. I requested Georgetown and UVA, got Michigan, Penn, Duke (PT), & NYU unsolicited.


Good to know. Thanks.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby vegenator » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:04 pm

JJDancer wrote:Asked USC for a waiver yesterday.. no response yet.

Anyone solicit one from them yet?



I asked on 8/30 for one and got an answer within a few hours. I was told they only use CRS to determine if you meet their GPA & LSAT criteria. I don't think they've actually handed any out yet.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:32 pm

NYU fee waiver by mail. That's the best one since Georgetown. Though I'd really love a Columbia waiver. =/

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:52 pm

dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:Hidden Penn. My app list/fee waiver list is complete. Paying to apply to H & S, waivers to CCN/MVP/DCNG/V.


My list is done too! Paying for HYSCC (because the C's </3 me), & waivers from NMVPDG~

That's what get to pay for as well. Plus B. I got the other 8 t14. Too bad it's the t6 I really wanted. Should of applied for an lsac waiver.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby 005618502 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:57 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:NYU fee waiver by mail. That's the best one since Georgetown. Though I'd really love a Columbia waiver. =/


Saw your list, your in at Penn for sure (barring any unknown flaws), good luck! would you take Penn or still break for 2 years?

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby swilson215 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:56 pm

The answer to this question might be buried somewhere in the 66 pages of forums posts, BUT: I took the LSAT a year ago, and got a ton of fee waivers for the last application cycle, but decided not to apply. Do you all think that those fee waivers are still good this year? Should I go back and email each school that gave me one and ask for another? I haven't gotten a single one since May...

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby vegenator » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:20 pm

swilson215 wrote:The answer to this question might be buried somewhere in the 66 pages of forums posts, BUT: I took the LSAT a year ago, and got a ton of fee waivers for the last application cycle, but decided not to apply. Do you all think that those fee waivers are still good this year? Should I go back and email each school that gave me one and ask for another? I haven't gotten a single one since May...


I believe others said they had some luck when they did the following:
1. Emailed the schools and rerequested fee waivers, explaining they were granted ones in the past, but are applying this cycle.
2. Selected "Fall 2011" on their CRS profile page as they year you plan on entering law school.
3. If that fails, you can sign up for an LSAC forum (with or without the intention of actually going) so that it shows recent activity on your CRS account, thus piquing the interest of those schools who've passed over you assuming you're already in law school b/c of your test date.

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby swilson215 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:42 pm

vegenator wrote:
swilson215 wrote:The answer to this question might be buried somewhere in the 66 pages of forums posts, BUT: I took the LSAT a year ago, and got a ton of fee waivers for the last application cycle, but decided not to apply. Do you all think that those fee waivers are still good this year? Should I go back and email each school that gave me one and ask for another? I haven't gotten a single one since May...


I believe others said they had some luck when they did the following:
1. Emailed the schools and rerequested fee waivers, explaining they were granted ones in the past, but are applying this cycle.
2. Selected "Fall 2011" on their CRS profile page as they year you plan on entering law school.
3. If that fails, you can sign up for an LSAC forum (with or without the intention of actually going) so that it shows recent activity on your CRS account, thus piquing the interest of those schools who've passed over you assuming you're already in law school b/c of your test date.



Ah! Thank you! I hadn't changed my CRS "intend to enroll" date, so hopefully that helps a little!

RTFM
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby RTFM » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:01 am

vegenator wrote:
JJDancer wrote:Asked USC for a waiver yesterday.. no response yet.

Anyone solicit one from them yet?



I asked on 8/30 for one and got an answer within a few hours. I was told they only use CRS to determine if you meet their GPA & LSAT criteria. I don't think they've actually handed any out yet.


Asked for one on 9/20, same response.

User avatar
JohnBoy
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JohnBoy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:37 am

Entchen wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:No hidden UPenn waiver for me :(


Me neither :(

Oh well, maybe I just won't write that extra essay.


+1

I was all about Penn...but, Michigan is taking strides. I made excuses for the campus and professors at Penn; I have since lost my incentive.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby msch0i » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Iowa fee waiver :D

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Knock » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:57 pm

msch0i wrote:Iowa fee waiver :D


Got it as well. I didn't really read the email but did it imply something like I have to fill out a form? and it's on a first come first serve basis? Something like that...

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Iowa fee waiver. But I'm not applying.

Caveat: fill out a form *send lsdas report or transcript w form?
Also anyone wiht a 164/165 + is eligible OR with a 3.8 or 3.85+ is eligible.

First come first served as long as you are eligible.

(This process is a little tedious but I'm glad it has some level of "if you actually want it-ness" since I know some people get waivers they will never use that others wished they had.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:20 pm

I actually really like Iowa's merit fee waiver system. They tell you what LSAT or GPA you need to get the waiver and they make you ask for it by filling out a simple form so people only get it if they want it. Takes a lot of the guesswork out of it. Not applying there, but refreshing none the less.

willyj
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby willyj » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:01 am

Here's a question: If a school snubs you for a waiver, is it even worth applying? I would take it as an indicator that admission isn't necessarily out of the question, but scholarship money certainly would be, right? Or am I wrong in this assumption?

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Deuce » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:10 am

willyj wrote:Here's a question: If a school snubs you for a waiver, is it even worth applying? I would take it as an indicator that admission isn't necessarily out of the question, but scholarship money certainly would be, right? Or am I wrong in this assumption?


And you base this logic on.........?

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby kk19131 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:31 am

Tulane and Washington and Lee keep harassing me. :?

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby oldhippie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 am

washburn university wants me!!!

i think i am insulted? :wink:




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Commoncourtesy and 5 guests