Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TOMaHULK

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby TOMaHULK » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:37 pm

I IS VERY SAD...Haven't received any fee waivers in a while. :cry:

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:38 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:I IS VERY SAD...Haven't received any fee waivers in a while. :cry:

I haven't received any good ones since Columbia... you are not alone!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Kchuck wrote:For those that are curious, both Alabama and Georgia were very gracious and accommodating when emailed a request for a fee waiver.

Bama wouldn't give me a waiver (said they didnt have any to give but I knew that wasn't what it said- theyre way out of my league) but did send me a really long, personalized, and nice email back. :)

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:44 pm

artichoke88 wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:I IS VERY SAD...Haven't received any fee waivers in a while. :cry:

I haven't received any good ones since Columbia... you are not alone!

I haven't received any at all, since I received the Penn State football schedule in the mail. I IS STILL SAD... :cry:

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Just got Alabama with Itunes offer - guess they're doing that again this year. Hooray.

I might be applying to Alabama now. What? Bribery works.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Entchen wrote:Just got Alabama with Itunes offer - guess they're doing that again this year. Hooray.

Wow, just got it as well. Was not aware that they have done this before, or were going to do this again. Crazy. I think I'll go apply now.

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:15 pm

artichoke88 wrote:
Entchen wrote:Just got Alabama with Itunes offer - guess they're doing that again this year. Hooray.

Wow, just got it as well. Was not aware that they have done this before, or were going to do this again. Crazy. I think I'll go apply now.

Haha me too. I was like, what? Itunes credits? Perhaps I'll shoot an app over there as well.

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Threads here indicate they did it last year. I guess it was a success, so they're doing it again. Works for me.

I feel a little bad, because there's very little chance I'd go ("must get snow" is one of my non-negotiable requirements). But hey, I'm happy to help them boost their application numbers.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Entchen wrote:Threads here indicate they did it last year. I guess it was a success, so they're doing it again. Works for me.

I feel a little bad, because there's very little chance I'd go ("must get snow" is one of my non-negotiable requirements). But hey, I'm happy to help them boost their application numbers.

I don't use itunes to download music though... can Alabama just send me $20 to apply?

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Knockglock wrote:
Entchen wrote:Threads here indicate they did it last year. I guess it was a success, so they're doing it again. Works for me.

I don't use itunes to download music though... can Alabama just send me $20 to apply?

Pay $12 to apply to Alabama, and I'll send you $15 for your $20 iTunes credit ;)

Everyone wins!

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Entchen wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Pay $12 to apply to Alabama, and I'll send you $15 for your $20 iTunes credit ;)

And a rubber ducky?

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Knockglock wrote:
Entchen wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

And a rubber ducky?

That costs extra.

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Entchen wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Everyone wins!

I hope Alabama reads this. This is hilarious.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:31 pm

I'm with you on the snow thing. "Must have snowshoe/xc ski trails" is also up there on my list - though that pretty much limits me to Cornell and (to a bleak extent) Michigan in the T14.

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:25 pm

artichoke88 wrote:

Man, I laughed out loud when I got this e-mail. However, I am definitely going to apply now.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:33 pm

cubswin wrote:
artichoke88 wrote:

Man, I laughed out loud when I got this e-mail. However, I am definitely going to apply now.

Did it work last year? Did they get a huge increase of applications? Did they just waitlist everyone? $12 for 20 songs is decent. Tempting.

yoitsmebenny

Postby yoitsmebenny » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Entchen wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Everyone wins!

Are you serious because I will do this

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Emailed UCLA , told them I didnt get one with the first round of their CRS, gave them my numbers and they were quick to respond and give me one. :D
Might be worth it to anyone else that was hoping for UCLA but didnt get it.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:27 pm

My dad just called and said I got a UPenn fee waiver via snail mail a couple days ago, which is good because I wasn't planning on applying there unless they gave me one.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Did everyone who received Michigan and NYU waivers get something snail mail?

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm

CastleRock wrote:Did everyone who received Michigan and NYU waivers get something snail mail?

I did, yes. Don't know if that's been the case for everyone though.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:00 pm

eskimo wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Did everyone who received Michigan and NYU waivers get something snail mail?

I haven't got one from either yet. I'm thinking that its the international mail thing.

Postby 4102011 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:29 am

eskimo wrote:

I got Michigan, but I don't know if I got NYU (I'm at school & this stuff's all going to my permanent addy).

Also, found my hidden UPenn waiver today :) Yaaay!

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:46 am

No hidden UPenn waiver for me :(

Dany

Postby Dany » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:57 am

Hidden Penn. My app list/fee waiver list is complete. Paying to apply to H & S, waivers to CCN/MVP/DCNG/V.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”