Reapply next year with higher LSAT?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

What Would you do?

Go to Cornell
14%
Go to Vandy $$
14%
Reapply Next Year
71%

Total votes: 7

confused891

Reapply next year with higher LSAT?

Postby confused891 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:05 pm

I applied this year with a 3.60 and a 169 (and one previous cancellation) with mediocre softs (some WE, top 25 undergraduate school, etc. but nothing great). I was deciding between Vandy with $$ and Cornell, and was wait-listed or rejected at every school ranked above those two. I didnt love the idea of moving to Nashville and didnt want to pay full price for Cornell. So, I retook the LSAT in June and scored a 174, and I am now reconsidering my options. I am from New York and would like to work in NYC after graduation (but not necessarily, or at all, in Big Law). I am Ok with taking another year off since it will give me more time to think If Law school is really for me which I am not positive about just yet. But I am not thrilled about it (since I dont currently have a job).

What do you guys think my chances are of getting into Penn, NYU, Columbia, Michigan, Northwestern which would be the schools I'd target if I were to reapply. Do you think I'd have to ED at Columbia/NYU to get in? Im wary of paying full price but it looks like something I have to accept if I want to go Top 10. Any advice? Anyone with similar experiences reapplying with a higher LSAT?

Thanks, Id appreciate any help....

CanadianWolf

Re: Reapply next year with higher LSAT?

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Reapply next year if you are unhappy with your current options.

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:11 pm

Ride out all of your waitlists and try squezing financial aid from everyone with your new score. If no one gives you a full ride, reapply. Obviously get your applications in early and prepare a new PS and everything. You deserve a full ride with a score like that.

confused891

Postby confused891 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:30 pm

thanks for the replies...
anyone else?
bump (?)

confused891

Postby confused891 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:56 pm

bump................

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”