ccdsc Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
shotsfired12

Bronze

ccdsc

Post by shotsfired12 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:07 pm

redacted
Last edited by shotsfired12 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beef wellington

Silver

Re: Applying to Georgetown

Post by beef wellington » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:27 pm

SHANbangs wrote:Can you apply to georgetown full time and part time at the same time? Can you ED both? I already e-mailed the admissions office, but they still haven't responded.
Yes and yes.

nealric

Post by nealric » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Yes, you can apply to both. But anecdotally, your chases of a part-time admissions seem to increase if you only apply PT.

shotsfired12

Bronze

Post by shotsfired12 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:31 pm

redacted
Last edited by shotsfired12 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:36 pm

SHANbangs wrote:So what happens if you ED both and are accepted to both? How does that work in terms of binding agreements? Or is it that you ED to the school and you just select both programs for consideration? Sorry for the ridiculously anal retentive questions.
This. They'll only offer admission to one of the programs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

witorres89

New

Post by witorres89 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:39 pm

nealric wrote:Yes, you can apply to both. But anecdotally, your chases of a part-time admissions seem to increase if you only apply PT.
do most schools with pt allow this? is it detrimental enough to chance at acceptance at the school overall that applying to both isn't worth it?

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:50 pm

witorres89 wrote:
nealric wrote:Yes, you can apply to both. But anecdotally, your chases of a part-time admissions seem to increase if you only apply PT.
do most schools with pt allow this? is it detrimental enough to chance at acceptance at the school overall that applying to both isn't worth it?
No, other schools only allow you to apply to one, it depends on the school. For GULC though, if your numbers aren't going to cut it for FT, you ABSOLUTELYx100 should be applying to PT only.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:02 am

flyingpanda wrote:
witorres89 wrote:
No, other schools only allow you to apply to one, it depends on the school. For GULC though, if your numbers aren't going to cut it for FT, you ABSOLUTELYx100 should be applying to PT only.
Yeahhh I dunno if this is as important anymore since USNWR started counting PT stats. I originally applied FT only, was WL'ed, then asked to be considered for both programs, and got in PT.

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:43 am

beef wellington wrote:
flyingpanda wrote:
witorres89 wrote:
Yeahhh I dunno if this is as important anymore since USNWR started counting PT stats. I originally applied FT only, was WL'ed, then asked to be considered for both programs, and got in PT.
I think this PT only thing is still a backdoor into GULC. Both Waterman and I got into GULC PT with numbers that never would have cut it for FT.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”