When to Apply to be Eligible for Scholarships

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iwanta170

When to Apply to be Eligible for Scholarships

Postby iwanta170 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:09 pm

If I take the October LSAT and apply to law schools right after I get my score around November 1, will it still be early enough to get scholarship offers from law schools? Are my chances any worse than if I had taken just the June test?

Thanks in advance

Veyron

Re: When to Apply to be Eligible for Scholarships

Postby Veyron » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:11 pm

iwanta170 wrote:If I take the October LSAT and apply to law schools right after I get my score around November 1, will it still be early enough to get scholarship offers from law schools? Are my chances any worse than if I had taken just the June test?

Thanks in advance

Applied right after thanksgiving to 3 T-14's, got scholarship offers at 2.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:15 pm

I applied mid December and received several substantial scholarships, but I should have applied sooner.

angiej

Postby angiej » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:22 pm

I've read on TLS that a lot of schools don't even begin rolling out the dough until after March 1 after they have already sent a good majority of their acceptances. So it seems as long as you have been admitted by then you should be in the running. Of course, I've also heard that applying early will help strengthen your chances of getting-in in the first place.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”