Worth it to Re Apply? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JoePaternoYoDaddy

New

Worth it to Re Apply?

Post by JoePaternoYoDaddy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:03 am

Basically I will have the exact same application package besides a 1 point LSAT increase (went from 164 to 165). My current option this cycle is a school ranked in the 20-25 range, with 15K per year (no stipulations) on the scholarship. Anyway I will be happy attending this school, it will leave me about 100K in debt at the end of the three years. So anyway, I am thinking it is not worth it to re apply since I still don't think I would have a good chance at cornell, usc, vandy, ut austin or ucla. Which are the only schools I would pick to attend over where I am currently set to attend in the fall. I don't really think this one point will be enough to really boost my application package, TLS you agree?

thatsnotmyname

Bronze

Re: Worth it to Re Apply?

Post by thatsnotmyname » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:08 am

I don't really think this one point will be enough to really boost my application package
You're right.

daesonesb

Bronze

Post by daesonesb » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:13 am

JoePaternoYoDaddy wrote:Basically I will have the exact same application package besides a 1 point LSAT increase (went from 164 to 165). My current option this cycle is a school ranked in the 20-25 range, with 15K per year (no stipulations) on the scholarship. Anyway I will be happy attending this school, it will leave me about 100K in debt at the end of the three years. So anyway, I am thinking it is not worth it to re apply since I still don't think I would have a good chance at cornell, usc, vandy, ut austin or ucla. Which are the only schools I would pick to attend over where I am currently set to attend in the fall. I don't really think this one point will be enough to really boost my application package, TLS you agree?
You are lucky to have a scholarship that large. If this was Deal or No Deal, I'd tell you to take the money and run.

JoePaternoYoDaddy

New

Post by JoePaternoYoDaddy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:15 am

daesonesb wrote:
JoePaternoYoDaddy wrote:Basically I will have the exact same application package besides a 1 point LSAT increase (went from 164 to 165). My current option this cycle is a school ranked in the 20-25 range, with 15K per year (no stipulations) on the scholarship. Anyway I will be happy attending this school, it will leave me about 100K in debt at the end of the three years. So anyway, I am thinking it is not worth it to re apply since I still don't think I would have a good chance at cornell, usc, vandy, ut austin or ucla. Which are the only schools I would pick to attend over where I am currently set to attend in the fall. I don't really think this one point will be enough to really boost my application package, TLS you agree?
You are lucky to have a scholarship that large. If this was Deal or No Deal, I'd tell you to take the money and run.
Yeah that was need based aid not really merit but I agree I was lucky to get that large of a scholarship.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”