Thanks for the help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iusedtolurk

New

Thanks for the help

Post by iusedtolurk » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks!
Last edited by iusedtolurk on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

capitalacq

Silver

Re: longtime lurker's plea for advice regarding an addendum

Post by capitalacq » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:21 pm

iusedtolurk wrote:I just got my LSAT score and have decided to finally join TLS in order to get some advice...
Some background info: UGPA: 3.2, LSAT:172, Graduate GPA: 3.9
I attended an ivy for undergrad, and majored in a hard science while on a D1 NCAA varsity athletic team, serving as president of my greek organization and a philanthropic organization during my junior year, performing research throughout college, and holding several jobs.

I understand that graduate school grades are usually not a factor when applying, however I was diagnosed with OCD during my first year of graduate school and can honestly say that undergoing treatment has made it much easier for me to do well academically. Additionally, during the final semester of both my freshman and sophomore years of college I totaled my car, resulting in hospitalization and the (in retrospect, dumb) decision not to withdraw for medical reasons and just try to finish out those semesters. Not one to learn from my mistakes, during my senior spring I contracted mono which turned into an upper respiratory infection and again decided to just finish out the semester despite missing weeks of class.

Should I write an addendum, which outlines the timeline of these accidents/illnesses and addresses how my grades have gotten significantly better since undergoing treatment for OCD? I do have medical documentation of the hospitalizations and illnesses listed above. I'm not trying to get into Harvard or Yale, my goal is really to get into the best school that I can whether that be a top 14 school or a TTT (I'm very excited to get to use that acronym, finally).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
these addendums usually don't make a difference, so don't worry too much.

Anyway, I'd just stick with talking about OCD and how you have learned to cope with it and how your grad school gpa is a more accurate reflection of your academic potential. i wouldn't mention the car accident/mono... I think it would reflect poorly on you

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”