Applying, then taking LSAT again...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mike088

Applying, then taking LSAT again...

Postby Mike088 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:34 am

So i have a 3.4, just got my LSAT score today, and got a 159. I was usually scoring between 162-165 on my PTs, so i'll be taking again in October. My question however is should i apply as soon as applications open or wait first until after i receive my October score? Will i be able to apply and then update the schools on a new score afterwards? The two schools i'm mostly looking at are UC Davis (28) and Hastings (40ish). WIth Santa Clara as my fall back if all else fails... any help is greatly appreciated, and plz excuse any ignorance.

capitalacq

Re: Applying, then taking LSAT again...

Postby capitalacq » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Mike088 wrote:So i have a 3.4, just got my LSAT score today, and got a 159. I was usually scoring between 162-165 on my PTs, so i'll be taking again in October. My question however is should i apply as soon as applications open or wait first until after i receive my October score? Will i be able to apply and then update the schools on a new score afterwards? The two schools i'm mostly looking at are UC Davis (28) and Hastings (40ish). WIth Santa Clara as my fall back if all else fails... any help is greatly appreciated, and plz excuse any ignorance.

Just wait until you receive your october score. Have your application ready so you could get it out soon after you get your score. You'll still be a very early applicant and there will be absolutely no difference between applying then and applying on day 1

champ33

Postby champ33 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Agree with the above poster. Applying in October is still fairly early, and schools won't run out of money for another few months so you'll still be getting the same offers you would have if you applied on day 1.

Mike088

Postby Mike088 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:15 pm

thanks guys, i really appreciate the help.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”