169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
petiekinder
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby petiekinder » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm originally from Kentucky, just posted a 169 LSAT Score.
3.4 GPA from a Christian University for Undergrad in Biblical Studies
3.2 GPA from my Masters of Arts in Religion
Worked in the christian church for 5 years, 25 years old now.


Where do you all think I should apply?

TTTGrad
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby TTTGrad » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:40 pm

Pat Robertson wants you to go to Regent Law.

petiekinder
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby petiekinder » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:59 pm

haha funny funny, any serious takers?

petiekinder
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby petiekinder » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:28 am

bump bump bump

User avatar
cinefile 17
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby cinefile 17 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:43 am

Numbers twin :wink: .....
although I'm retaking in Oct. Check out my LSN profile (it's posted in my info) to see the schools I'm planning on applying to. Lots of reaches, but if my LSAT score doesn't improve in Oct. I will probably add more back ups and get rid of some of the extreme reaches. I'll also probably ED somewhere regardless.

I recommend blanketing a lot of the T17 and then also to schools in the region you want to work in.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:47 am

If you are going to ED make it Michigan.

User avatar
cinefile 17
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby cinefile 17 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:52 am

Desert Fox wrote:If you are going to ED make it Michigan.


I'm not sure if you are talking to me or the OP, but what is your reasoning?

I'm currently going back and forth between ED Michigan or ED UCLA. I know Michigan is a ranked much better, but I go to Undergrad there and I'm getting pretty tired of Ann Arbor. I'd love to give LA a try and I think I want to work in LA. However, in the end, I want a good job and might be willing to scrape through three more years in Ann Arbor. AAAHHH idk... your further input would appreciated.

Sorry OP! Not trying to hijack the thread or anything.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:57 am

cinefile 17 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:If you are going to ED make it Michigan.


I'm not sure if you are talking to me or the OP, but what is your reasoning?

I'm currently going back and forth between ED Michigan or ED UCLA. I know Michigan is a ranked much better, but I go to Undergrad there and I'm getting pretty tired of Ann Arbor. I'd love to give LA a try and I think I want to work in LA. However, in the end, I want a good job and might be willing to scrape through three more years in A2. AAAHHH idk... your further input would appreciated.

Sorry OP! Not trying to hijack the thread or anything.


I was talking to the OP because they have a 169, which is Michigan's median. Though know that I think of it I think Duke just created an ED program too, so maybe that might fit OP better, esp since they are from the south.

If you really want LA, UCLA is pretty good, but Michigan places well in California but is still a national school.

petiekinder
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby petiekinder » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 am

any idea what kind of money i can expect from any schools?

User avatar
DGLitcH
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby DGLitcH » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
cinefile 17 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:If you are going to ED make it Michigan.


I'm not sure if you are talking to me or the OP, but what is your reasoning?

I'm currently going back and forth between ED Michigan or ED UCLA. I know Michigan is a ranked much better, but I go to Undergrad there and I'm getting pretty tired of Ann Arbor. I'd love to give LA a try and I think I want to work in LA. However, in the end, I want a good job and might be willing to scrape through three more years in A2. AAAHHH idk... your further input would appreciated.

Sorry OP! Not trying to hijack the thread or anything.


I was talking to the OP because they have a 169, which is Michigan's median. Though know that I think of it I think Duke just created an ED program too, so maybe that might fit OP better, esp since they are from the south.

If you really want LA, UCLA is pretty good, but Michigan places well in California but is still a national school.


Just curious but since MVP have similar medians, why did you say ED to M over V or P?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby 09042014 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:06 pm

DGLitcH wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
cinefile 17 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:If you are going to ED make it Michigan.


I'm not sure if you are talking to me or the OP, but what is your reasoning?

I'm currently going back and forth between ED Michigan or ED UCLA. I know Michigan is a ranked much better, but I go to Undergrad there and I'm getting pretty tired of Ann Arbor. I'd love to give LA a try and I think I want to work in LA. However, in the end, I want a good job and might be willing to scrape through three more years in A2. AAAHHH idk... your further input would appreciated.

Sorry OP! Not trying to hijack the thread or anything.


I was talking to the OP because they have a 169, which is Michigan's median. Though know that I think of it I think Duke just created an ED program too, so maybe that might fit OP better, esp since they are from the south.

If you really want LA, UCLA is pretty good, but Michigan places well in California but is still a national school.


Just curious but since MVP have similar medians, why did you say ED to M over V or P?


UVA and Penn have a 170 median, Mich has 169.

mmota
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:10 am

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby mmota » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:16 pm

I'm not sure what religion you practice or work for, but my advice would be to apply to a school with a strong religious core, like Brigham Young, or Notre Dame. You have a great LSAT and a decent GPA, but I think your work experience would really help you gain admission to a religiously inclined law school.

Good Luck!

petiekinder
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby petiekinder » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:27 pm

I was thinking Notre Dame, University of Kentucky, Cornell, Georgetown, Vandy, and a few others

should i even try NYU?

User avatar
DGLitcH
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby DGLitcH » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:33 pm

169 might be a little low for NYU or Chicago. I'd think that you probably need a 173-174 for those 2 schools.

User avatar
DGLitcH
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby DGLitcH » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
UVA and Penn have a 170 median, Mich has 169.


Thanks for clarifying.

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby vexion » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:30 am

Did you go to Asbury, or Kentucky Mountain Bible College?

petiekinder
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby petiekinder » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:18 am

Cincinnati Christian University for my undergrad
Liberty University for my masters

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:38 am

OP, if I were you, I'd apply to Mich, Cornell, Georgetown, UT, Vandy, USC, WUSTL, Illinois, and ND. That should give you some reaches, some targets and a decent chance at a half ride or so at WUSTL and Illinois. Acceptance is unlikely at Duke, NU, UVA and the higher ranked schools so don't waste the money unless you have fee waivers. I left out UCLA because they have a gpa cut off IIRC. USC may have a cut off as well.

petiekinder
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby petiekinder » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:37 pm

what do you guys think about vandy, especially in regards to my scores?

petiekinder
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: 169 LSAT, 3.4 GPA, MAR 3.2, where should I apply?

Postby petiekinder » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:27 pm

bump bump bump




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: checkcheckgo and 2 guests