All As and Bs, one D, grade addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Canarsie

Bronze

All As and Bs, one D, grade addendum?

Post by Canarsie » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:30 pm

I have a good GPA with all As and Bs. One summer I took a community college math class and received a D :( I actually took this class because I thought it would be easier and I seriously struggle with math... obviously it did NOT help. Should I even bother to write an addendum for this one grade? I figured it will hurt my LSDAS GPA but I don't think it would hurt so much that I need to point it out further. I did not send it to my UG so I never received credit for it.

kalvano

Diamond

Re: All As and Bs, one D, grade addendum?

Post by kalvano » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:36 pm

No. Leave it alone.

Canarsie

Bronze

Post by Canarsie » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:41 pm

K, that's all I really needed to hear. If I had 7 D's or something it'd be another story.

lawgunner75

New

Post by lawgunner75 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:45 pm

I also had one D among all As and Bs. I left it alone and got into the school I wanted to go to. I agree. Leave it alone.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:47 pm

lawgunner75 wrote:I also had one D among all As and Bs. I left it alone and got into the school I wanted to go to. I agree. Leave it alone.

See? Someone who actually knows what they are talking about agrees with me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KibblesAndVick

Silver

Post by KibblesAndVick » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:51 pm

They'll already have a copy of your transcript. They spend so much time going over these things it won't take them very long to identify a 3.XX based on strong grades and an outlier as opposed to a 3.XX based on the overall mix of grades with no true outliers. The bad news is that they don't really care either way. Their main concern is your GPA at face value :(

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:56 pm

KibblesAndVick wrote:They'll already have a copy of your transcript. They spend so much time going over these things it won't take them very long to identify a 3.XX based on strong grades and an outlier as opposed to a 3.XX based on the overall mix of grades with no true outliers. The bad news is that they don't really care either way. Their main concern is your GPA at face value :(
I bet most Adcoms don't even look at anything more than the little summary LSAC provides.

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:03 pm

lawgunner75 wrote:I also had one D among all As and Bs. I left it alone and got into the school I wanted to go to. I agree. Leave it alone.
+1 I also had one D with all As and Bs. I left it alone and no seemed to care. It's obviously an outlier, so I don't think you need to draw more attention to it.

Edited for clarity

speechie

New

Post by speechie » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm glad someone asked this. I also have all A's & B's with one D in anatomy lab sophomore year. I retook the lab and made an A but the original grade still shows up on my transcript.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:12 pm

speechie wrote:I'm glad someone asked this. I also have all A's & B's with one D in anatomy lab sophomore year. I retook the lab and made an A but the original grade still shows up on my transcript.
That D will still count.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”