Besides LSAT and GPA , what is the most important thing

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
altoidz

Re: Besides LSAT and GPA , what is the most important thing

Postby altoidz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:59 am

dont forget, the most important thing is to be a good person!!

doyleoil

Postby doyleoil » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:05 pm

altoidz wrote:dont forget, the most important thing is to be a good person!!

:lol: piizy stfu

dominkay

Postby dominkay » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:13 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
im_blue wrote:apply ED, apply early, don't mess up your PS or LORs, write optional "Why X?" essays

Applying ED isn't some trump card you need to play. The majority of applicants shouldn't ED.

Who do you think should ED? Just curious.

altoidz

Postby altoidz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:14 pm

doyleoil wrote:
altoidz wrote:dont forget, the most important thing is to be a good person!!

:lol: piizy stfu

that is impolite!! i must say that perhaps i may have to start thinking that you may not be a very nice person!!!

also!!

Postby 09042014 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:25 pm

dominkay wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
im_blue wrote:apply ED, apply early, don't mess up your PS or LORs, write optional "Why X?" essays

Applying ED isn't some trump card you need to play. The majority of applicants shouldn't ED.

Who do you think should ED? Just curious.

People who have little chance for significant scholarship money at lower schools, or people who are extremely borderline for the T14.

People are EDing to CCN, when they might get $$$ at MVP might not be the best plan.

shoop

Postby shoop » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:27 pm

SECLAW23 wrote:Besides LSAT score and GPA , what is the most important/critical thing that one should do as an undergraduate to improve the chance of Law School admission. (I am not asking what is the next important thing besides LSAT and GPA in an application)

I look forward to the answer. Thanks for your help!

Get your last name on a building at your desired law school.

Lawof_theLand

Postby Lawof_theLand » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:36 pm

How about in getting off of a wait list. They seem like they are populated with people who have a GPA/LSAT combination that, taken together, have a net neutral impact to the school's rankings. People who are in the low end of one, and on the high end of the other.

Do schools specifically look for other things in the application package that could boost the other criteria in USNWR rankings? Such as targeting traits that might indicate someone is tenacious enough to hustle a job no matter what, to help the employment stats; or people who seem especially suited for moot court competitions, that could ultimately help the school's reputation stats.

If so, what should the OP be doing to best position himself/herself for waitlist removal? Unless the GPA/LSAT are close to perfect, chances are the OP will end up on the waitlist of several reach schools.

alexonfyre

Postby alexonfyre » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Lawof_theLand wrote:How about in getting off of a wait list. They seem like they are populated with people who have a GPA/LSAT combination that, taken together, have a net neutral impact to the school's rankings. People who are in the low end of one, and on the high end of the other.

called a splitter

Do schools specifically look for other things in the application package that could boost the other criteria in USNWR rankings? Such as targeting traits that might indicate someone is tenacious enough to hustle a job no matter what, to help the employment stats; or people who seem especially suited for moot court competitions, that could ultimately help the school's reputation stats.being black

Seriously though, I was going to start putting myself down as Latino, since I am, but I never put it down before, and apparently C&F boards look down on that sort of thing.
For anyone looking at this thread in posterity, don't claim a URM that you haven't before, unless you have a really good damn reason for it.

GPA is your biggest concern, to the exclusion of almost everything else. Unless you have a way of getting famous in the next couple years, there isn't a much more productive way of spending undergrad.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”