I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
vale1rd
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:26 pm

I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby vale1rd » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:54 pm

"Poorly informed, or uninformed, prospective law students are often maligned on scamblogs for their naivete and narcissism, and rightly so. Anyone who would enter the practice of law in a serious way must quickly learn to face the harsh realities of the profession. But are the 0Ls solely to blame for their delusional views and unwillingness to accept the fact that they can't all be "winners" in this field?

I don't think so. By and large, the JDs that are swarming out of the law schools are products of helicopter parents, so called because they hover over their children like hummingbirds, never allowing their kids to make mistakes or understand that failure is often the key to learning. Why do 0Ls believe that they alone will succeed in this terrible market? Because they have never once been allowed to fail. Well, at least, they have never been allowed to understand when they did fail at something, because they were given a trophy just for showing up. Mediocrity has become excellence because everyone is told from infancy that they're great at everything even though it's patently untrue.

These kids are coached and prodded from the time they are born, never given the chance to question that what worked for mom and dad might not work for them. Their parents have beaten into them that college is the only way to succeed in life, and better still, a profession like being a doctor or lawyer will ensure that the children will have better prospects than their parents. Only it's not true.

So we have an entire generation of Salieris who believe that they are Mozarts.

And they are very trainable, too, just like Uggie, the Skateboarding Dog. They can excel on admissions tests, regurgitate any material they are required to, and even pass the bar exam on the very first try. But that's no surprise, these skills are exactly what their parents have inculcated within them, and that's how the current American educational system works. It does not require critical thinking or problem-solving skills, just the ability to "spot issues" and "apply the law to the facts" which any trained skateboarding dog standing on its hind legs can do."

FirstTierToilet
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby FirstTierToilet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:56 pm

That's not from my blog. For a different perspective:

SPAM URL DELETED BY MODS, NO SPAM FOR YOU

User avatar
sundance95
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby sundance95 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:56 pm

Image

Edit: Just wanted to point out that pi is on the meter. A nice touch I didn't notice the first time.
Last edited by sundance95 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FirstTierToilet
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby FirstTierToilet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 pm

sundance95 wrote:Image


People do care.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:00 pm

FirstTierToilet wrote:
sundance95 wrote:Image


People do care.

About the little pie insignia on the meter, yes! That was very clever. Your blog.... not so much. Good times.

FirstTierToilet
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby FirstTierToilet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
FirstTierToilet wrote:
sundance95 wrote:


People do care.

About the little pie insignia on the meter, yes! That was very clever. Your blog.... not so much. Good times.


Be nice.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby A'nold » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:06 pm

ITT: JDU'ers and aspiring JDU'ers show their skills at putting their own tiny pink failures on others.

User avatar
nycsoul87
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby nycsoul87 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:16 pm

A'nold wrote:ITT: JDU'ers and aspiring JDU'ers show their skills at putting their own tiny pink failures on others.



Honestly, you're just screwing yourself over if you really think that. You've been here awhile- you should know better at this point. Stop pretending to be a lemming...

Calling every person who comes on here to help 0Ls out a JDUer isn't helping.

PSA: It's not just JDU, even the mainstream media has picked up that law school is increasingly becoming a losing proposition.

It's fine if you think otherwise, I kindof do too. But stop pretending that everything is okay. If you don't go in with the mindset that you're going to have to fight tooth and nail for your dream, you're setting yourself up for failure.

I like TLS and its helped me a lot over this past year. I also appreciate all the scam bloggers for letting us know how hard it is out there. You should too...

TTTGrad
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby TTTGrad » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:29 pm

There is a small movement in Congress to change the bankruptcy laws as they relate to student loans. I personally do not want my tax dollars siphoned to a bailout fund that will help irresponsible college grads that took a reckless gamble to attend law school. I consider my posts and those of others, in particular the scambloggers, to be constructive notice to every class after 2012 that the writing was already on the wall. Many of you kids decided to follow a pipe dream. I want you to live up to your responsibility and re-pay your student loans, regardless of whether you will be Sallie Mae's slave for the rest of your life. If such proposed legislation is introduced, I have printed these posts for my senator to use to rally against any bailout assistance for law grads. Many of these kids have made their bed and refuse to accept reality. In essence that is why they are going to law school. These kids are terrified of living and having to fend in this economic recession. What do they do? Hide in law school. In three years and six months (when your loans are due), what will you be willing to do to escape reality, especially when you realize the value of a JD is worthless?

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby A'nold » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:29 pm

nycsoul87 wrote:
A'nold wrote:ITT: JDU'ers and aspiring JDU'ers show their skills at putting their own tiny pink failures on others.



Honestly, you're just screwing yourself over if you really think that. You've been here awhile- you should know better at this point. Stop pretending to be a lemming...

Calling every person who comes on here to help 0Ls out a JDUer isn't helping.

PSA: It's not just JDU, even the mainstream media has picked up that law school is increasingly becoming a losing proposition.

It's fine if you think otherwise, I kindof do too. But stop pretending that everything is okay. If you don't go in with the mindset that you're going to have to fight tooth and nail for your dream, you're setting yourself up for failure.

I like TLS and its helped me a lot over this past year. I also appreciate all the scam bloggers for letting us know how hard it is out there. You should too...



Lulz. I've heard this same crap for about 5 years. It's not the economy that brings these types out of the woodwork. They are depressed b/c THEY apparently made a bad decision by attending law school, usually for $$$$, when there was never really any chance of that to begin with. You never see, with the exception of very, very few, public (not anonymous JDU types) tier 1 or reasonable law school grads in the top 1/2 to 1/3 of their classes posting about how law is the worst decision you could ever make and making it a personal vendetta to try to make themselves feel better by "warning others" about the horror that is law while advocating that people become garbagemen or plumbers. If you were actually serious above, then congrats for buying into all the crap. I am a realist, not a doom and gloom or sunshine and daisies kind of guy. Don't believe everything you read.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby A'nold » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:35 pm

TTTGrad wrote:There is a small movement in Congress to change the bankruptcy laws as they relate to student loans. I personally do not want my tax dollars siphoned to a bailout fund that will help irresponsible college grads that took a reckless gamble to attend law school. I consider my posts and those of others, in particular the scambloggers, to be constructive notice to every class after 2012 that the writing was already on the wall. Many of you kids decided to follow a pipe dream. I want you to live up to your responsibility and re-pay your student loans, regardless of whether you will be Sallie Mae's slave for the rest of your life. If such proposed legislation is introduced, I have printed these posts for my senator to use to rally against any bailout assistance for law grads. Many of these kids have made their bed and refuse to accept reality. In essence that is why they are going to law school. These kids are terrified of living and having to fend in this economic recession. What do they do? Hide in law school. In three years and six months (when your loans are due), what will you be willing to do to escape reality, especially when you realize the value of a JD is worthless?


LOL at "the writing on the wall." If by the writing on the wall you mean the entire economy or that we should all go become HVAC technicians and skip college altogether, then yeah. But if you are trying to indicate that anything has really changed and that you are giving people some kind of great new info. you are mistaken and, like I always say, a JDU "dementor" that can only gain satisfaction in your life from scaring people or making them feel inadequate.

People were saying the same things during the economic boom: the legal field is oversaturated; oh noes, look at the bimodal chart!; t14 or bust.

Same old story, different day. You'll still be here when the economy recovers and you'll be here when the next recessions starts. Your beef is not with the legal profession, it is with your own mistakes and feelings of stupidity/inferiority.

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby Kohinoor » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:45 pm

FirstTierToilet wrote:That's not from my blog. For a different perspective:

]SPAM URL DELETED BY MODS, NO SPAM FOR YOU

Hey! You posted your school rank but not your grades! Is decent above or below median?

FirstTierToilet
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby FirstTierToilet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
FirstTierToilet wrote:That's not from my blog. For a different perspective:

SPAM URL DELETED BY MODS, NO SPAM FOR YOU

Hey! You posted your school rank but not your grades! Is decent above or below median?


My grades and LSAT score were high enough that you would ban me and call me a troll if I told you what they were. You would not believe me.

FirstTierToilet
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby FirstTierToilet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:53 pm

A'nold wrote:
TTTGrad wrote:There is a small movement in Congress to change the bankruptcy laws as they relate to student loans. I personally do not want my tax dollars siphoned to a bailout fund that will help irresponsible college grads that took a reckless gamble to attend law school. I consider my posts and those of others, in particular the scambloggers, to be constructive notice to every class after 2012 that the writing was already on the wall. Many of you kids decided to follow a pipe dream. I want you to live up to your responsibility and re-pay your student loans, regardless of whether you will be Sallie Mae's slave for the rest of your life. If such proposed legislation is introduced, I have printed these posts for my senator to use to rally against any bailout assistance for law grads. Many of these kids have made their bed and refuse to accept reality. In essence that is why they are going to law school. These kids are terrified of living and having to fend in this economic recession. What do they do? Hide in law school. In three years and six months (when your loans are due), what will you be willing to do to escape reality, especially when you realize the value of a JD is worthless?



People were saying the same things during the economic boom: the legal field is oversaturated; oh noes, look at the bimodal chart!; t14 or bust.

Same old story, different day. You'll still be here when the economy recovers and you'll be here when the next recessions starts. Your beef is not with the legal profession, it is with your own mistakes and feelings of stupidity/inferiority.


There is a reason people were saying "T14 or bust." If you read my blog, you would understand that there are pre-crisis origins for this legal employment problem.

Also, stop being nasty and calling people stupid. You do not know if they are any less wise than you are.

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby Kohinoor » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:54 pm

FirstTierToilet wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
FirstTierToilet wrote:That's not from my blog. For a different perspective:

SPAM URL DELETED BY MODS, NO SPAM FOR YOU

Hey! You posted your school rank but not your grades! Is decent above or below median?


My grades and LSAT score were high enough that you would ban me and call me a troll if I told you what they were. You would not believe me.

I'm not a mod so I can't ban you. Above or below median?

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
FirstTierToilet wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
FirstTierToilet wrote:That's not from my blog. For a different perspective:

]SPAM URL DELETED BY MODS, NO SPAM FOR YOU

Hey! You posted your school rank but not your grades! Is decent above or below median?


My grades and LSAT score were high enough that you would ban me and call me a troll if I told you what they were. You would not believe me.

I'm not a mod so I can't ban you. Above or below median?

You won't believe him.

FirstTierToilet
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby FirstTierToilet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
FirstTierToilet wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
FirstTierToilet wrote:That's not from my blog. For a different perspective:

]SPAM URL DELETED BY MODS, NO SPAM FOR YOU

Hey! You posted your school rank but not your grades! Is decent above or below median?


My grades and LSAT score were high enough that you would ban me and call me a troll if I told you what they were. You would not believe me.

I'm not a mod so I can't ban you. Above or below median?


Above. This is the last question about grades that I will accept.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby A'nold » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 pm

FirstTierToilet wrote:
A'nold wrote:
TTTGrad wrote:There is a small movement in Congress to change the bankruptcy laws as they relate to student loans. I personally do not want my tax dollars siphoned to a bailout fund that will help irresponsible college grads that took a reckless gamble to attend law school. I consider my posts and those of others, in particular the scambloggers, to be constructive notice to every class after 2012 that the writing was already on the wall. Many of you kids decided to follow a pipe dream. I want you to live up to your responsibility and re-pay your student loans, regardless of whether you will be Sallie Mae's slave for the rest of your life. If such proposed legislation is introduced, I have printed these posts for my senator to use to rally against any bailout assistance for law grads. Many of these kids have made their bed and refuse to accept reality. In essence that is why they are going to law school. These kids are terrified of living and having to fend in this economic recession. What do they do? Hide in law school. In three years and six months (when your loans are due), what will you be willing to do to escape reality, especially when you realize the value of a JD is worthless?



People were saying the same things during the economic boom: the legal field is oversaturated; oh noes, look at the bimodal chart!; t14 or bust.

Same old story, different day. You'll still be here when the economy recovers and you'll be here when the next recessions starts. Your beef is not with the legal profession, it is with your own mistakes and feelings of stupidity/inferiority.


There is a reason people were saying "T14 or bust." If you read my blog, you would understand that there are pre-crisis origins for this legal employment problem.

Also, stop being nasty and calling people stupid. You do not know if they are any less wise than you are.


Nice try. To quote the movie "The Burbs": you might fool the others, but you don't. fool. me.

Trying to sound all indignant when people say "mean" things will not allow you to get further in this thread and mess with more 0L's minds.

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby TheOcho » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:58 pm

FirstTierToilet wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
FirstTierToilet wrote:That's not from my blog. For a different perspective:

SPAM URL DELETED BY MODS, NO SPAM FOR YOU

Hey! You posted your school rank but not your grades! Is decent above or below median?


My grades and LSAT score were high enough that you would ban me and call me a troll if I told you what they were. You would not believe me.



FirstTierToilet, can you outline the conclusion of your argument? I'm not going to waste my time reading the blog of a disgruntled law grad, so don't push it on me. Just give me your brief analysis.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby miamiman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:58 pm

So FirstTierToilet, I'm listening. In a paragraph what's your treatiste against law school.

FirstTierToilet
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby FirstTierToilet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:03 pm

miamiman wrote:So FirstTierToilet, I'm listening. In a paragraph what's your treatiste against law school.


No. I wrote quite a bit to explain how it really is for most of my class. If I made the effort to give you advice, then you should make the effort to read it.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby miamiman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:04 pm

FirstTierToilet wrote:
miamiman wrote:So FirstTierToilet, I'm listening. In a paragraph what's your treatiste against law school.


No. I wrote quite a bit to explain how it really is for most of my class. If I made the effort to give you advice, then you should make the effort to read it.


1) Link you blog again. The relevant article, please.

2) Stop acting like you're the fucking shit

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby A'nold » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:06 pm

FirstTierToilet wrote:
miamiman wrote:So FirstTierToilet, I'm listening. In a paragraph what's your treatiste against law school.


No. I wrote quite a bit to explain how it really is for most of my class. If I made the effort to give you advice, then you should make the effort to read it.


You do realize that you completely negate any possible credibility you may have faked by making the comment quoted above about "people leaving biglaw after 6 years," right? That completely indicates that your beef with law has nothing to do with helping others, b/c taking out any loans up to like 500k would pay off in that scenario for us liberal arts grads looking at, if we are lucky, making $12 an hour temping.

Your reasoning abilities are clearly lacking. I would bet money that you did not attend anything close to a t14.

User avatar
Rock Chalk
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby Rock Chalk » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:07 pm

sundance95 wrote:Image

QFT.

FirstTierToilet
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Postby FirstTierToilet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:09 pm

A'nold wrote:
FirstTierToilet wrote:
miamiman wrote:So FirstTierToilet, I'm listening. In a paragraph what's your treatiste against law school.


No. I wrote quite a bit to explain how it really is for most of my class. If I made the effort to give you advice, then you should make the effort to read it.


You do realize that you completely negate any possible credibility you may have faked by making the comment quoted above about "people leaving biglaw after 6 years," right? That completely indicates that your beef with law has nothing to do with helping others, b/c taking out any loans up to like 500k would pay off in that scenario for us liberal arts grads looking at, if we are lucky, making $12 an hour temping.

Your reasoning abilities are clearly lacking. I would bet money that you did not attend anything close to a t14.


:roll:




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests