Grad School Transcript ? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
flying_squirrel

New

Grad School Transcript ?

Post by flying_squirrel » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Just curious, do I need to send LSAC my official transcript from Grad school? While it's not a lot of money, the $25 raping that my school charges for the transcript w/ a "special processing fee" is flippin ridiculous.

I recently graduated with my Master's degree and am curious if LSAC requires that transcripts as well. I took no undergrad classes @ the University I graduated from with my Master's and LSAC already has all of my info from the UG I attended.

djjf39

Bronze

Re: Grad School Transcript ?

Post by djjf39 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:09 pm

If you have a Master's, then you are nuts not to shell out the cash. I am unaware of any law school that will not look favorably on an MA/MS, but as far as I know you have to have the transcript proof to back up your claim.

hsprophet

Bronze

Post by hsprophet » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:54 pm

Yes, you have to send it. The LSAC web site lists all the transcripts you have to send, which in summary says "send ALL college/university transcripts." Your graduate work won't factor into your gpa, but it will be nice for schools to see it.

And if you omit it, you might get into trouble later by violating the rule that ALL transcripts must be sent.

Iconoclast

Bronze

Post by Iconoclast » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:10 pm

hsprophet wrote:Yes, you have to send it. The LSAC web site lists all the transcripts you have to send, which in summary says "send ALL college/university transcripts." Your graduate work won't factor into your gpa, but it will be nice for schools to see it.

And if you omit it, you might get into trouble later by violating the rule that ALL transcripts must be sent.
This.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”