Georgetown Early Decision Date Change Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rgsai

New

Georgetown Early Decision Date Change

Post by rgsai » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Hey all,

I'm looking to enter in the Fall of 2012. I've been looking at Georgetown (a bit early) but it looks like they've changed their early decision date (starting this application cycle) to March of the previous year. On the early decision website, it states that applications for early decision must be complete by March...and I'm supposing that they are just doing thins really early. Does anyone have any feedback on this process, or did anyone apply this year through this method? If I'm looking to ED, that would mean I would have to submit my application by March of 2011 for Fall of 2012. Does anyone know if Georgetown will be continuing this trend for next cycle? And finally, does anyone know of any other schools with extremely early ED/Application dates?

Thanks,
RGSAI

NewLobo

New

Re: Georgetown Early Decision Date Change

Post by NewLobo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Impossible, LSDAS would not be open by then.
Last edited by NewLobo on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewLobo

New

Post by NewLobo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:48 pm

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... neral.html
The Early Assurance Program is designed to encourage top undergraduates from Georgetown University to apply to the Law Center. The Program is for Juniors currently enrolled at Georgetown University, and students in all majors are encouraged to apply. Applications are due by March 16 of your junior year. Early Assurance is designed to give a student the freedom to pursue a less conventional curriculum during his or her senior year and is non-binding.

Early Assurance applicants are exempt from taking the LSAT and registering with the LSDAS. Instead, please include an official transcript with at least five semesters of undergraduate grades. Early Assurance applicants must submit two recommendations, one of which must be the Early Assurance Dean's Certification Form. Competitive Early Assurance applicants should have an undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.8.

For additional information on the Early Assurance Program, please contact the dean of your college.
You are thinking early assurance for Georgetown Undergrads. Early decision is completely different.

berkeleykel06

Bronze

Post by berkeleykel06 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:53 pm

Or perhaps you are looking at the Early Action deadline for transfer students?

rgsai

New

Post by rgsai » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:59 pm

I noticed the early action date for GT undergrads, but the Early Decision date is still really early. On the application process website (http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... rocess.htm) it states:

2009/2010 Admissions Timeline

September 21, 2009 First day JD applications accepted for Fall 2010
October 30, 2009 Transfer/Visiting students deadline for Spring 2010
February 1, 2010 Public Interest Law Scholars (PILS) deadline
Global Law Scholars (GLS) deadline
First day Early Assurance Applications will be accepted for Fall 2011
March 1, 2010 Full-time Division deadline; Part-time Division deadline
Early Decision deadline (file must be complete with all required documents)

March 15, 2010 Early Action transfer deadline for Fall 2010
Early Assurance deadline for Fall 2011 - file must be complete
June 15, 2010 Transfer/Visiting students deadline for Fall 2010
June 30, 2010 Application deadline for JD/LLM degree in Taxation

The early decision date is still March 1st...and obviously it can't be for the entering class of 2011. The website proceeds to say in its early decision forum:

"Please note: This year we have changed the timeline for our Early Decision Process. For those who choose to apply under the previously published timeline, if your application is complete with all required documentation (including application form and fee and personal statement, letter(s) of recommendation, resume, etc.) by December 1, your decision letter will be mailed by December 15. To receive a decision by December 15, you must have taken the LSAT by October 2009"

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NewLobo

New

Post by NewLobo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:12 pm

They are saying there are 2 ED deadlines. One is in dec. and one in March.
So lets says you are applying for fall of 2012.
3 options you have are as follows:
1. ED in dec. Have all your things in by Dec 1, 2011. Dec 15, 2011 is when your decision will be given.
2. ED by mar. Have all your things in by March 1, 2012. Decision rendered by March 15, 2012.
Remember all ED decisions are binding.
3. Regular decision. Have all things submitted by march 1, 2012. Decision rendered whenever they feel like it.
This is not a binding decision.

FirstTierToilet

New

Post by FirstTierToilet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:01 pm

Eh...Georgetown might not be the best choice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”