175 Lsat and community college degree

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bigchris1313

Re: 175 Lsat and community college degree

Postby bigchris1313 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:Now, maybe I'm just overly-cynical (though the story sounds amazing if true) doesn't anyone else find it odd that there are a host of posters, especially on this page of the thread all with really low post counts who all almost read like the same person.

Yes. You're not the first. Neither am I.

Some of the writing styles are unconscionably similar.

scumbaglawyer

Postby scumbaglawyer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:32 pm

I am so freaggin bored with my lfie that I do not know what to do to fill up my day. I l creep around websites trying to get people to believe stories that do not exist. i talk about a family I do not have or a career I am never good enough to have. I try to get people to have sympathy for me because no one in real life pays me any attention to me. I create different user names to post on my own made up comments. If no one replies, I make up more user names and say things like I went to the University of Phoenix. I sit alone as a loser college student bored with my summer. You wanna know why i do this, it is because I have nothg better to go in life and iam broed

I am midwestguy, harvardgurl4eva, dukelawguy144, angie979 and bubiglaw. My newest creation is scumbaglawyer. I am chubby, unattractive, I dont have a girlfriend, dont have a job and I dont have a life. You all successfully entertained me from my boring life for one day.

thank you

harvardgurl4eva

Postby harvardgurl4eva » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:55 pm

scumbaglawyer wrote:I am so freaggin bored with my lfie that I do not know what to do to fill up my day. I l creep around websites trying to get people to believe stories that do not exist. i talk about a family I do not have or a career I am never good enough to have. I try to get people to have sympathy for me because no one in real life pays me any attention to me. I create different user names to post on my own made up comments. If no one replies, I make up more user names and say things like I went to the University of Phoenix. I sit alone as a loser college student bored with my summer. You wanna know why i do this, it is because I have nothg better to go in life and iam broed

I am midwestguy, harvardgurl4eva, dukelawguy144, angie979 and bubiglaw. My newest creation is scumbaglawyer. I am chubby, unattractive, I dont have a girlfriend, dont have a job and I dont have a life. You all successfully entertained me from my boring life for one day.

thank you

You are not me you lying bastard. You are chubby, and obviously not Harvard material.

lawschoolhelp

Postby lawschoolhelp » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:05 pm

scumbaglawyer wrote:I am so freaggin bored with my lfie that I do not know what to do to fill up my day. I l creep around websites trying to get people to believe stories that do not exist. i talk about a family I do not have or a career I am never good enough to have. I try to get people to have sympathy for me because no one in real life pays me any attention to me. I create different user names to post on my own made up comments. If no one replies, I make up more user names and say things like I went to the University of Phoenix. I sit alone as a loser college student bored with my summer. You wanna know why i do this, it is because I have nothg better to go in life and iam broed

thank you

wow. you honestly believe someone would take the time to make up an entire life story, create 6 different user names and post comments on the fictitious story? It seems a little too cynical for me. I guess we never know who is telling the truth on these threads and who is not.

On a side thought, I know many people who stayed away from this site right before the LSATs because of the sense of inadequacy they felt after many TLSrs boasted very high scores. I think there could be an uncanny number of 170+ scorers on this website to the point where we may be cynical of most claims (though it may unrepresentative sample, lol). Instead of being cynical, if people ask for serious advice and do not appear to be clearly starting a flaming war, I think it could be best to just offer our advice and/or just move on.

OP has shared with us a story and asked for some thoughts. Nothing too crazy about what he said or nothing that suggests there is no plausibility in his story. And if its not true and he is just some bored student. Oh well, just another lie told on TLS!

dukelawguy144

Postby dukelawguy144 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:15 pm

harvardgurl4eva wrote:

thank you

You are not me you lying bastard. You are chubby, and obviously not Harvard material.

You are not me either you lying douche! You are jobless and clearly not Duke material. Oh yea Harvardgurl4eva, I am not midwest guy or bulawguy despite similarities in our user names. You can take that diarrhea out of your mouth back to Cambridge where you will be a Harvard girl "forever."

bigben

Postby bigben » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:27 pm

dukelawguy144 wrote:I have a feeling this guy is just trying to screw with us.

I do not believe that a repairman from the midwest earned a score at the top 1% of the US. Additionally, I think he is trying to use the dad with two daughters to get our attention. I mean, lets be honest, if he is smart enouph to get such a high lsat, he probabably is not the type to knock up a girl at age 19 and not go to college.

Nice try midwestguy. I just dont buy it

Moron? Not going into details, but my background is even more blue collar than this guy, and my LSAT was higher. This is not that special.

bigben

Postby bigben » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Now, maybe I'm just overly-cynical (though the story sounds amazing if true) doesn't anyone else find it odd that there are a host of posters, especially on this page of the thread all with really low post counts who all almost read like the same person.

If it's a flame, it's a poor one. The skill in making a flame, is getting people to believe a crazy story. Not getting people to believe a completely believable story.

Correct. But it is weird how a bunch of posters sound the same. If flame, it is a very dumb flame.

playboyhunk

Postby playboyhunk » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:25 am

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:31 am

You cannot attend law school without a 4-year degree. Finish your bachelor's degree at the best institution feasible, then consider law school. 175? I envy your score.

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:32 am

thinkbig wrote:You cannot attend law school without a 4-year degree. Finish your bachelor's degree at the best institution feasible, then consider law school. 175? I envy your score.

I went to UIUC for undergrad and LOVE Illinois and Chicago.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:01 am

thinkbig wrote:
thinkbig wrote:You cannot attend law school without a 4-year degree. Finish your bachelor's degree at the best institution feasible, then consider law school. 175? I envy your score.

I went to UIUC for undergrad and LOVE Illinois and Chicago.

What year and major? I was Class of 08, in electrical engineering.

midwestguy

Postby midwestguy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 pm

thank you

I have to say that I am honored that people think that my story is so incredible that it cannot be true. Just to set the record straight, I did not fabricate my story nor did I create other user names (as some people suggest). I am completing my BA from Illinois state university right now both online and on campus and I live in Morton Illinois with my family.

Also the people that assume that "blue collar" workers are not bright enough/capable enough to score a 175 LSAT need a reality check. I personally find studying for the LSAT a lot easier than working 5-6 days a week, paying off a mortgage, managing a household and helping my children with their homework (and I think many parents would feel the same way).

I have done quite a few hours of research in the last two days and I a have decided that I will apply to (and hopefully be admitted into) Northwestern and University of Chicago. This way, if I am admitted, my family and I could live halfway between Morton and Chicago. I will be drafting a personal statement in the next month or so, so anyone with a critical eye that is willing to look at it over, please let me know.

Good luck to everyone completing or beginning their application process

dukelawguy144

Postby dukelawguy144 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:19 pm

midwestguy wrote:

thank you

I have to say that I am honored that people think that my story is so incredible that it cannot be true. Just to set the record straight, I did not fabricate my story nor did I create other user names (as some people suggest). I am completing my BA from Illinois state university right now both online and on campus and I live in Morton Illinois with my family.

Also the people that assume that "blue collar" workers are not bright enough/capable enough to score a 175 LSAT need a reality check. I personally find studying for the LSAT a lot easier than working 5-6 days a week, paying off a mortgage, managing a household and helping my children with their homework (and I think many parents would feel the same way).

I have done quite a few hours of research in the last two days and I a have decided that I will apply to (and hopefully be admitted into) Northwestern and University of Chicago. This way, if I am admitted, my family and I could live halfway between Morton and Chicago. I will be drafting a personal statement in the next month or so, so anyone with a critical eye that is willing to look at it over, please let me know.

Good luck to everyone completing or beginning their application process

I guess we are the same person

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”