What do people mean by WUSTL getting their act together???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
PLATONiC

Re: What do people mean by WUSTL getting their act together???

Postby PLATONiC » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:45 pm

miamiman wrote:
PLATONiC wrote:
miamiman wrote:I'm on the fence as to whether platonic is a perpetual flame or an actual idiot. Thoughts?

Jeez, I'm being very serious, which rules out "perpetual flame." You're mean, miamiman. I've done nothing but show my kindness to you.

Your wachtell thread was comedic gold. I was convinced you were a flame.

Well I guess I could be perceived as a complete idiot, but I think there are plenty of others out there that are just as curious as I am:D

I am very fond of you miamiman.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:04 pm

If "getting their act together" means accepting my transfer app soon, then I sure hope they do.

PLATONiC

Postby PLATONiC » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:16 am

Good luck Mr. A'nold!

PLATONiC

Postby PLATONiC » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:17 am

romothesavior wrote:
PLATONiC wrote:Would I be justified in walking away from this thread while thinking that WUSTL will actually end up getting their act together??

This is a loaded, vague, and virtually meaningless question all at the same time. What are you even asking?

I was asking a very general question - "So, It'd be okay for me to give a 'thumbs up' for WUSTL, right?" kind of thing.

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:17 am

PLATONiC wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
PLATONiC wrote:Would I be justified in walking away from this thread while thinking that WUSTL will actually end up getting their act together??

This is a loaded, vague, and virtually meaningless question all at the same time. What are you even asking?

I was asking a very general question - "So, It'd be okay for me to give a 'thumbs up' for WUSTL, right?" kind of thing.

WUSTL is absolutely legit if you are choosing between schools outside of the top 10 at sticker and they give you a significant scholarship. All things equal, Vandy and UT are definitely a cut above (im a southern boy, know nothing about USC and UCLA).

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:41 am

Obviously, every person is different and each situation is unique, but in general WUSTL is great for:

-Splitters: They usually get in and get some scholarship money, whereas schools like UCLA, Vandy, etc. are less likely to accept them, and are very unlikely to give money.
-Midwesterners: Great school if you want to be in the Midwest. They place well in Chicago and in smaller markets around the Midwest.
-The debt averse: WUSTL gives a lot of money out, so taking a big scholarship at WUSTL over a higher ranked school at sticker is a good idea for certain folks.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”