Advice Needed for UChicago

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Joeshan520

Advice Needed for UChicago

Postby Joeshan520 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am going into my senior of college with a 3.55 GPA (Political Philosophy Major) and have yet to take the LSAT (I anticipate 165-170 judging by prep tests) . My dream would be UChicago, but I would be incredibly pleased with any T14 admittance. I'd like to do a JD in conjunction with an MPP if possible. I'd like to eventually do to work overseas in international business and trade investigations. My softs are reasonable but not game changing (congressional campaign intern, judicial clerkship for circuit court judge, president of pre-law fraternity, Inner-City Detroit Volunteer working with trouble youths, student body government chief of staff, Hospital Legal Affairs Research Assistant)

I am debating taking time off to work in order to enhance my application as well as to include my senior year grades and take the summer after graduation to study for the LSAT. If I know I want to go to law school would this be the right move to better my chances of being admitted to UChicago let alone a T14 admittance?

Thanks!

dresden doll

Re: Advice Needed for UChicago

Postby dresden doll » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:51 pm

The right move is to take the LSAT, score 170+ (preferably 173-174) and apply early. Do all this, and nothing else will really matter.

Joeshan520

Postby Joeshan520 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:54 pm

dresden doll wrote:The right move is to take the LSAT, score 170+ (preferably 173-174) and apply early. Do all this, and nothing else will really matter.

Will I be ok to apply ED if I take the LSAT in October? Isn't that too late?

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Joeshan520 wrote:
dresden doll wrote:The right move is to take the LSAT, score 170+ (preferably 173-174) and apply early. Do all this, and nothing else will really matter.

Will I be ok to apply ED if I take the LSAT in October? Isn't that too late?

I do not think that will be late but you ought to double check the dates, just in case.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”