Application Time: 3.75 vs. 3.8

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Alpine

Re: Application Time: 3.75 vs. 3.8

Postby Alpine » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:37 am

romothesavior wrote:
Alpine wrote:Yeah, that was good news to hear, I hope the same occurs for me as well.

As far as schools go, these are my thoughts (though it could change drastically depending on the LSAT):

Boalt, though my GPA is definitely lacking.
Chicago.
Michigan.
UCLA.
UT.
U Washington.

Chicago and Boalt are very unlikely unless you crack 170+. Michigan is very doable with a 169-170, and you'll have an outside shot at 168. You should be in at the rest.

Why are your schools so widely varying? You should not just be throwing darts at the US News rankings. UT, UCLA, and Washington will offer very different markets.

Those schools I listed appear like darts because they basically are. I listed the schools that seem appealing thus far, and in two weeks when I return back to the States, I will be working on applying serious thought to revamping them.

However, I'm not stressing too much over it right now. I still have a lot of time to improve my LSAT score, which could flip my list of schools upside down.

Alpine

Postby Alpine » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:45 am

TheOcho wrote:Chicago, very nice. I visited their campus last summer and loved it. If I thought I could get in, I might apply. I have a minor economics fetish and that would be a perfect fit.

I would love to go to Chicago, but I will need some miracles on my LSAT preparation. Crossing my fingers.

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:23 am

romothesavior wrote:
TheOcho wrote:
romothesavior wrote:After the flood of abrasive new TLSers in recent weeks (see: scallywaggums), it is so refreshing to see a new poster with some common sense, restraint, and respect. Thank you, sir.

You would think in a forum composed largely of very intelligent and usually helpful individuals, this would be the norm rather than the exception. Dang. In any sense, you're very welcome!

Well, congratulations! That's a great school. Hopefully you'll get a nice surprise from Michigan as well. I look forward to "copying" your application strategy and if there is a God he will bless me with similar acceptances...haha.

Feel free to PM me if you need any advice or just wanna shoot the shit.

And MusicNut... how did you get full tuition at WUSTL????

Haha-- beats me! I'm certainly not a URM or anything...guess they liked my PS? Who knows?

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:26 am

TheOcho wrote:Thanks for all the input. Assuming NU is Northwestern, I had heard rumors they are pretty biased towards those with a few years work experience or are a few years out of UG. Truth?

CA resident? Hope your cheering for the Lakeshow right now.

Romo, I'll PM you when I get my LSAT score back. However, any harm in drafting some personal statements at this time? I'd rather get as many (assuming I customize them a bit) out of the way before fall semester as I can. Thoughts?

GOOOO LAKERS!!!!!

FWIW, I'm only a year out of undergrad, with under a year of (essentially part-time) WE (and yes, NU=Northwestern), but I guess they're counting me as having WE. There's no way to know for sure, but I have a feeling that my interview may have helped in that regard, since they're looking for mature, serious people who've really thought through this whole law school thing...and I can pretend to be one of those people for a few hours. ;-)

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 am

MusicNutMeggie wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
TheOcho wrote:
romothesavior wrote:After the flood of abrasive new TLSers in recent weeks (see: scallywaggums), it is so refreshing to see a new poster with some common sense, restraint, and respect. Thank you, sir.

You would think in a forum composed largely of very intelligent and usually helpful individuals, this would be the norm rather than the exception. Dang. In any sense, you're very welcome!

Well, congratulations! That's a great school. Hopefully you'll get a nice surprise from Michigan as well. I look forward to "copying" your application strategy and if there is a God he will bless me with similar acceptances...haha.

Feel free to PM me if you need any advice or just wanna shoot the shit.

And MusicNut... how did you get full tuition at WUSTL????

Haha-- beats me! I'm certainly not a URM or anything...guess they liked my PS? Who knows?

Wow I'm really jealous. We are essentiall numbers twins and I only got 75k... nowhere near full. They must not like me much, because all my numbers twins seem to have gotten more.

Congrats on that and congrats on NU! Sounds like you had an awesome cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”