rolling admissions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tapout

rolling admissions

Postby tapout » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:00 am

A bunch of schools I was looking at had a modified rolling admission starting oct1, but then saying they take applications until the spring. when looking at details on lawschoolnumbers it shows lots of people getting a decision back around thanksgiving.

Does it make a difference to apply oct1. Trying to figure out if I need to get my applications in then.

These are not t14 schools I am looking at.

flyingpanda

Re: rolling admissions

Postby flyingpanda » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:28 am

tapout wrote:A bunch of schools I was looking at had a modified rolling admission starting oct1, but then saying they take applications until the spring. when looking at details on lawschoolnumbers it shows lots of people getting a decision back around thanksgiving.

Does it make a difference to apply oct1. Trying to figure out if I need to get my applications in then.

These are not t14 schools I am looking at.

Yes, for pretty much all schools, the earlier you apply the better your chances.

miamiman

Postby miamiman » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:25 am

Applying early does wonders for your cycle.

tapout

Postby tapout » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:18 am

thanks. any reason not to delay a year and give myself time after I graduate to work on the application? Working for a year to make some money would help me as well.

Assuming waiting a year is not looked upon negatively, correct?

Also, I would think that getting the lsat score in with the application is better than having the lsat in from a nov test?

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:21 am

tapout wrote:thanks. any reason not to delay a year and give myself time after I graduate to work on the application? Working for a year to make some money would help me as well.

Also, I would think that getting the lsat score in with the application is better than having the lsat in from a nov test?

They won't look at your application until you have your score in. That being said, there is no "nov test."

tapout

Postby tapout » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:24 pm

blurbz wrote:
tapout wrote:thanks. any reason not to delay a year and give myself time after I graduate to work on the application? Working for a year to make some money would help me as well.

They won't look at your application until you have your score in. That being said, there is no "nov test."

Thanks. What about waiting a year part. Does having a year (or even 2) between grad and start have any bearing upon the decision process? Is working vs. travelling the world viewed at all or differently. Having some money for room and board would make me feel a bit more comfortable at school anyway.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:18 pm

It depends on what you do during that year. Sitting around playing XBox will not help.

Getting a job, functioning in the real world, maybe traveling...something, anything like that will look OK.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”