My Dilemma Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bk1

Diamond

Re: My Dilemma

Post by bk1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm

op-ti wrote:You would still need a addendum to explain your 2nd LSAT (that is if it is significantly different).
Really? I didn't think that was the case at all. I mean you can give you one, but I didn't see a reason to unless something addendum-worthy hurt one of your scores (physical ailment, death in the family, etc).

I agree with Daytukrjabs, but I could be wrong.

tru

Bronze

Post by tru » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:46 pm

stintez wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:
bk187 wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:Too long.

Need cliff version.
OP didn't work hard enough on LSAT or admissions. Didn't get into great schools. Wants to go to law school this fall. Is signed up for June LSAT but isn't ready.
So what's the dilemma?

Either I misread something which is possible because I only half ass read this thread but here's a dilemma and correct me if I am wrong but the LSAT is on MONDAY not SATURDAY!!! feel free to tear me apart if I am in fact wrong.
Oh whoops, sorry. Forgot that the June test is on a Monday.

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
bk187 wrote:
op-ti wrote:You would still need a addendum to explain your 2nd LSAT (that is if it is significantly different).
Really? I didn't think that was the case at all. I mean you can give you one, but I didn't see a reason to unless something addendum-worthy hurt one of your scores (physical ailment, death in the family, etc).

I agree with Daytukrjabs, but I could be wrong.
It's not an issue. At ALL.
I guess I was under the wrong impression then. My bad.

I've done the LSAT's twice (one cancel) and going for the third this October....I don’t want to write a addendum as I don’t really have an excuse-just that I was a damn fool, that's all.

So I can get away without explaining why I had to do the LSAT 3 times?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:53 pm

op-ti wrote:I guess I was under the wrong impression then. My bad.

I've done the LSAT's twice (one cancel) and going for the third this October....I don’t want to write a addendum as I don’t really have an excuse-just that I was a damn fool, that's all.

That's the way it seems. It's like writing an addendum for a poor GPA when you have no real excuse, there is no point.

Just have to accept that they will see 3 LSAT's and let the adcomms make a decision from there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:55 pm

bk187 wrote:
op-ti wrote:I guess I was under the wrong impression then. My bad.

That's the way it seems. It's like writing an addendum for a poor GPA when you have no real excuse, there is no point.

Just have to accept that they will see 3 LSAT's and let the adcomms make a decision from there.
Thanks! You just saved me from some major BULL.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Uh, the answer is simple and I don't understand why people are telling you any different. Take the LSAT this weekend, if submit whatever score you get to Rutgers, keep pestering them and hopefully they take you off the WL. Keep studying for October in the meantime. It doesn't matter if you cancel or take it now, it still counts as one of your "3 chances." 3 LSAT scores is not the death sentence it used to be now that USNWR takes the highest and for the schools you will be applying for they definitely will not care, since they are so LSAT hungry for rankings purposes.

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:09 pm

A'nold wrote:Uh, the answer is simple and I don't understand why people are telling you any different. Take the LSAT this weekend, if submit whatever score you get to Rutgers, keep pestering them and hopefully they take you off the WL. Keep studying for October in the meantime. It doesn't matter if you cancel or take it now, it still counts as one of your "3 chances." 3 LSAT scores is not the death sentence it used to be now that USNWR takes the highest and for the schools you will be applying for they definitely will not care, since they are so LSAT hungry for rankings purposes.
If you just have an absence, it doesn't count towards your "3 chances".

OP, even if you do get off the waitlist, you will be paying sticker at Rutgers. A higher score could get you money or give you the opportunity to go to a better school. I would skip the June test & re-take in October.

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:40 am

luxxe wrote:
A'nold wrote:Uh, the answer is simple and I don't understand why people are telling you any different. Take the LSAT this weekend, if submit whatever score you get to Rutgers, keep pestering them and hopefully they take you off the WL. Keep studying for October in the meantime. It doesn't matter if you cancel or take it now, it still counts as one of your "3 chances." 3 LSAT scores is not the death sentence it used to be now that USNWR takes the highest and for the schools you will be applying for they definitely will not care, since they are so LSAT hungry for rankings purposes.

OP, even if you do get off the waitlist, you will be paying sticker at Rutgers. A higher score could get you money or give you the opportunity to go to a better school. I would skip the June test & re-take in October.
Does an absence count towards ur 3 LSATs?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:15 am

andyman wrote:
luxxe wrote:

Wow OP really does suck at reading comp...I'm afraid there may be no hope for you my friend.

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:01 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
andyman wrote:
luxxe wrote:

Wow OP really does suck at reading comp...I'm afraid there may be no hope for you my friend.
:lol: I replied from my phone this morning while I was laying in bed so I misread it, my bad.

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Does a cancel count towards your 3?

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:06 pm

andyman wrote:Does a cancel count towards your 3?

Yes.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:08 pm

blurbz wrote:
andyman wrote:Does a cancel count towards your 3?

Yes.
So if I know my score will be canceled, isn't it better to not show up? So that I can take it again in December if I have to.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Andyman, you posted this months ago and I answered you with "retake/reapply". You need to get into the low 160's for Rutgers with your GPA.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”