Choosing a school, 4th tier, salary?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: Choosing a school, 4th tier, salary?

Postby motiontodismiss » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:39 pm

NayBoer wrote:6 hours on an untimed PT? Assuming 4 sections, that's 90 minutes each. I think if it you takes you 90 minutes then you aren't yet ready to do PTs and should just focus on the bibles, to learn the basics.

I realize you must be joking, but you seem to be serious.


5 sections+essay. That's 6 sections. An hour per section isn't unreasonable.

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: Choosing a school, 4th tier, salary?

Postby mallard » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:39 pm

motiontodismiss wrote:
NayBoer wrote:6 hours on an untimed PT? Assuming 4 sections, that's 90 minutes each. I think if it you takes you 90 minutes then you aren't yet ready to do PTs and should just focus on the bibles, to learn the basics.

I realize you must be joking, but you seem to be serious.


5 sections+essay. That's 6 sections. An hour per section isn't unreasonable.


1) Yes it is.
2) Essay? Untimed?
3) 5 sections untimed? What's the point of adding the fifth section if you're doing it untimed?
4) Yes it is.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Choosing a school, 4th tier, salary?

Postby Grizz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Essay = worthless.

HTH

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Choosing a school, 4th tier, salary?

Postby clintonius » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
deltasigbn wrote:Should I take a course, my parents said they will fund it?

If so, which course is recommended?
I'd go with powerscore, but I think self study is better if you can self motivate. You should do and review each preptest available before Oct test.

Try the pithypike study plan (its pinned to the top of the lsat forum on this site).
I quite liked TestMasters, and I'd probably have fewer regrets about not just bucking up and studying on my own if it were somebody else's $1400 that paid for it. The Logic Games Bible really helped, as well.

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Choosing a school, 4th tier, salary?

Postby NayBoer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:06 pm

mallard wrote:What's the point of adding the fifth section if you're doing it untimed?

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Choosing a school, 4th tier, salary?

Postby Mr. Matlock » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:11 pm

OP's interested in international law. I see no reason why his current school choice wouldn't fit the bill perfectly.

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Choosing a school, 4th tier, salary?

Postby NayBoer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:15 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:OP's interested in international law. I see no reason why his current school choice wouldn't fit the bill perfectly.
Flame. Everyone knows that for international law it goes: Yale, Harvard, Florida International, and only then Florida Coastal.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Choosing a school, 4th tier, salary?

Postby Mr. Matlock » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:17 pm

NayBoer wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:OP's interested in international law. I see no reason why his current school choice wouldn't fit the bill perfectly.
Flame. Everyone knows that for international law it goes: Yale, Harvard, Florida International, and only then Florida Coastal.

Once again NayBoer!! Yale, Harvard, Florida Coastal...... simply TLS political semantics.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 3 guests