Oh shit, Vaccine issue...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: Oh shit, Vaccine issue...

Postby kalvano » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:Am I the only person out there that unhesitatingly checks off the vaccination exemption box when confronted with this sort of bureaucratic boondoggle?

My form doesn't have an exemption box.

Postby 06132010 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:45 pm

GermX wrote:My stupid parents can't find any of my medical records and don't remember one of the doctors who gave me the hep B etc.. vaccinations. Basically, I've done them all but don't know if I can get a record of it. Am I fucked (like, do I seriously have to get vaccinated again)?

this happened to me too, sort of. my doctor moved them to a warehouse and won't be able to get them to me for 6 weeks, and won't sign off on my forms either, because I'm no longer a patient. you can get immunizations verified through "titers," which are blood tests that measure your immunity to specific diseases (this may be medically wrong or overly simplified, but I know they verify immunizations), and/or by having your current school print up your immunization records you needed to enroll as a student and having a doctor/nurse practitioner verify the dates. apparently the titer things aren't covered by insurance. FUN.

Postby clintonius » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 pm

MrKappus wrote:
clintonius wrote:
MrKappus wrote:I don't get this thread. What schools require immunization records?
...all of them?
Since I go to law school and have not been asked for immunization records, you're clearly, how to put this...not right.

Postby umichgrad » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:16 pm

love that you'll get blood taken but wont just get the shot again.

Postby natejstrickler » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:05 am

hey guys, I used OnPulse to get my records. Its $19, but they take care of everything as long as you know where you got the shots.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”