Oh shit, Vaccine issue...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kalvano

Diamond

Re: Oh shit, Vaccine issue...

Postby kalvano » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:Am I the only person out there that unhesitatingly checks off the vaccination exemption box when confronted with this sort of bureaucratic boondoggle?

My form doesn't have an exemption box.

Silver

Postby 06132010 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:45 pm

GermX wrote:My stupid parents can't find any of my medical records and don't remember one of the doctors who gave me the hep B etc.. vaccinations. Basically, I've done them all but don't know if I can get a record of it. Am I fucked (like, do I seriously have to get vaccinated again)?

this happened to me too, sort of. my doctor moved them to a warehouse and won't be able to get them to me for 6 weeks, and won't sign off on my forms either, because I'm no longer a patient. you can get immunizations verified through "titers," which are blood tests that measure your immunity to specific diseases (this may be medically wrong or overly simplified, but I know they verify immunizations), and/or by having your current school print up your immunization records you needed to enroll as a student and having a doctor/nurse practitioner verify the dates. apparently the titer things aren't covered by insurance. FUN.

clintonius

Silver

Postby clintonius » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 pm

MrKappus wrote:
clintonius wrote:
MrKappus wrote:I don't get this thread. What schools require immunization records?
...all of them?
Since I go to law school and have not been asked for immunization records, you're clearly, how to put this...not right.
Touche.

umichgrad

Bronze

Postby umichgrad » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:16 pm

love that you'll get blood taken but wont just get the shot again.

natejstrickler

New

Postby natejstrickler » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:05 am

hey guys, I used OnPulse to get my records. Its $19, but they take care of everything as long as you know where you got the shots.

onpulse.com/records

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�