Submission of Multiple LOCI's

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
OnWisconsin

Submission of Multiple LOCI's

Postby OnWisconsin » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:05 am

I’ve been starting to notice that at this juncture in the cycle people are starting to talk about submitting multiple LOCI’s to a single school.

I was wondering if anyone could share their experience with the multiple LOCI tactic and if they have seen any results.

My personal situation:

Currently at my #1 I have sent in one LOCI about 2 months ago, but have also visited the school multiple times (including a class visit) and spoke with various administrators (admissions officer, admissions Dean etc.), followed up by thank you letters, such as one you’d send after a job interview.

I am wondering if my efforts thus far will suffice or if it’s necessary to write a further LOCI.

MusicNutMeggie

Re: Submission of Multiple LOCI's

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:49 am

As long as you're not sending them EVERY DAY, multiple LOCIs can't hurt. It's best, of course, if you have something new to say, but most TLSers seem to think a nice check-in once a month or so is a good idea. Places like Georgetown keep very close records of how often you call/how much interest you show, too.

senunit

Postby senunit » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:52 am

MusicNutMeggie wrote:As long as you're not sending them EVERY DAY, multiple LOCIs can't hurt. It's best, of course, if you have something new to say, but most TLSers seem to think a nice check-in once a month or so is a good idea. Places like Georgetown keep very close records of how often you call/how much interest you show, too.

+1

OnWisconsin

Postby OnWisconsin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:48 am

Unfortunately I don't have anything that I could report to them without either making something up or telling them that I weep every night due to their indecision.

I'll try calling, but it always seems awkward and weird. Like calling your ex just to see how things are coming along.

Would writing another short LOCI simply reaffirming my devotion be out of the question?

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:00 pm

OnWisconsin wrote:Unfortunately I don't have anything that I could report to them without either making something up or telling them that I weep every night due to their indecision.

I'll try calling, but it always seems awkward and weird. Like calling your ex just to see how things are coming along.

Would writing another short LOCI simply reaffirming my devotion be out of the question?

Research some of their programs/clinics and find something that interests you, then write about how it would be a good fit for your goals. If you had the opportunity to visit the school, you can always write a LOCI about the atmosphere.

senunit

Postby senunit » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:00 pm

JOThompson wrote:
OnWisconsin wrote:Unfortunately I don't have anything that I could report to them without either making something up or telling them that I weep every night due to their indecision.

Research some of their programs/clinics and find something that interests you, then write about how it would be a good fit for your goals. If you had the opportunity to visit the school, you can always write a LOCI about the atmosphere.

This is really sound advice. Think of anything that can have value, but consistent contact is important in all the successful wait list experiences that I have heard of. (Especially if your numbers really are slightly off)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”