REALLY GOOD letter of rec. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
birD

Bronze

Re: REALLY GOOD letter of rec.

Post by birD » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:42 pm

I am interested in public interest stuff, there is a battered women's shelter in the town I will be moving back to that I might have the opportunity to take over, also possibly get involved in politics. I definitely want some higher education degree, but a phd in American studies which I really want doesn't really serve any purpose in the real world. Plus my parents believe that my moms legal skills have been invaluable to my dad running his own business, which is something I will be doing for my husband.

why would I get a prenup if he's making the money?

I'm horrible at science so I can't be a optometrist.

I'm well aware life isn't easy bc I have been busting my ass the past 3.5 yrs at college to get a 3.9 GPA but thanks for the advice anyways.... If you work hard good things will come to you!

I wrote this post in may when I was freaking out about LS, why are we bringing this up now!?

I studied for a year to get a 159, I'm naturally not that smart I don't think I can do any better

birD

Bronze

Post by birD » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:44 pm

all this post was in the beginning was me freaking about I wouldn't get into northeastern bc of my crappy LSAT and wondering if a good LOR would help. no need to be mean to me!

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:44 pm

birD wrote:I am interested in public interest stuff, there is a battered women's shelter in the town I will be moving back to that I might have the opportunity to take over, also possibly get involved in politics. I definitely want some higher education degree, but a phd in American studies which I really want doesn't really serve any purpose in the real world. Plus my parents believe that my moms legal skills have been invaluable to my dad running his own business, which is something I will be doing for my husband.

I'm well aware life isn't easy bc I have been busting my ass the past 3.5 yrs at college to get a 3.9 GPA but thanks for the advice anyways.... If you work hard good things will come to you!

I wrote this post in may when I was freaking out about LS, why are we bringing this up now!?

I studied for a year to get a 159, I'm naturally not that smart I don't think I can do any better
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those battered women would probably be better off without your help.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:45 pm

birD wrote:I am interested in public interest stuff, there is a battered women's shelter in the town I will be moving back to that I might have the opportunity to take over, also possibly get involved in politics. I definitely want some higher education degree, but a phd in American studies which I really want doesn't really serve any purpose in the real world. Plus my parents believe that my moms legal skills have been invaluable to my dad running his own business, which is something I will be doing for my husband.

:shock:

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:45 pm

/checks post dates.

OK, yeah wtf JazzOne?

--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Um, so that if he leaves you, you aren't left destitute? It's your father's company (so kind of like your dowry), you want control over that, k.

I think people were being rude because of the uncontrolled flow of snottiness/bitchiness that flowed through your fingertips. Most people just say "OH MY GOD I GOT INTO X."

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:46 pm

aschup wrote:/checks post dates.

OK, yeah wtf JazzOne?

--ImageRemoved--
Yeah I totally didn't notice that.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Yeah, but no one really cared about this thread until they read the OP's (Nov 10th) response except Jazzone.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:48 pm

birD wrote:I just found out I got into another LS so I can't really control the level of snotty/bitchiness coming out of my mouth right now, so sorry if I have thoroughly offended you.
Let me guess... New England School of Law?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

birD

Bronze

Post by birD » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:49 pm

in the wise words of Dr. Dre "So fuck ya'll all of ya'll. If ya'll don't like me blow me."

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:50 pm

paratactical wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those battered women would probably be better off without your help.
Oh come on, the bolded parts of this post make her more level-headed and self-aware than 95% of the members of this site.

beleaguer

Bronze

Post by beleaguer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:57 pm

kind of an unnecessarily hostile mob mentality inspired from boredom..

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:58 pm

I'm sorry OP. I read a more recent thread of yours, and I searched your post history. I didn't realize there was so much time between your posts. Didn't mean to stir up a hornets' nest. Haters gonna hate. Still, you should get a prenup. Yeah, your hubby will be working every day, but your parents are the ones who built a business for him to walk into. Anyway, it's none of our business. Good luck.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”