Advice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rossrobert

New

Advice

Post by rossrobert » Fri May 28, 2010 6:54 pm

So I only applied to 10 schools and received my 9th rejection today to a school I thought I really had a shot at. I knew I was going to have a lot of trouble with being accepted to schools because of my LSAT score, but I thought I would take a chance. Anyways, I graduated in 2008 from a well known university, with a 3.52 ( LSAC GPA). I have been working at a job I really don't like and don't make any money at. I almost felt better that I would soon be able to say I was going back to school, however now that is not happening. So here are my questions:

1. Should I look for another job? I'm just hesitant about this because I would really like to gain january admission to cardozo and obviously I wouldn't want to screw anyone by leaving after a few months. The next problem is that I am going to have to hardcore study, will a new job get in the way of this?

2. What is the deal with reapplying? Do I have to get all new LOR's & pay for CAS again?

3. How do I go about studying again? I took a testmasters course last summer, is it worth the money to get a private tutor?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ronaldo

New

Re: Advice

Post by Ronaldo » Fri May 28, 2010 7:01 pm

1. Should I look for another job? I'm just hesitant about this because I would really like to gain january admission to cardozo and obviously I wouldn't want to screw anyone by leaving after a few months. The next problem is that I am going to have to hardcore study, will a new job get in the way of this?

If you can, try to take some time off and study for the LSAT and dedicate your life to it for minimum of 3 months. You will see much improvement and will get into better schools. Especially since you have a decent/good GPA.

2. What is the deal with reapplying? Do I have to get all new LOR's & pay for CAS again?

Not sure. But, probably use the same LOR's and I would guess you would have to pay.

3. How do I go about studying again? I took a testmasters course last summer, is it worth the money to get a private tutor?

I would say no; instead, buy all the PT's you can afford and take them under timed conditions. It is VERY important that you realize why you got the question wrong, because it will come up again, but with different scenario/wording.

Study for 3 months solo, if you do not see a lot of improvement, hire a tutor. But, I am sure you will be able to improve. Don't waste that GPA and study meticulously for several months.

Good Luck!!

jaydizzle

Silver

Re: Advice

Post by jaydizzle » Fri May 28, 2010 7:14 pm

What was your LSAT? I am trying to go from a 153 to the upper 160s on test date. I had a diagnostic of 143. I should have never taken the LSAT in December. With a 153 on my record, I already screwed up....

Best of luck to you. I am trying to succeed similarly to you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”