Last Week and a Half Before June LSAT...Study Routine?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
balzern

Last Week and a Half Before June LSAT...Study Routine?

Postby balzern » Wed May 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Hey everyone!!

Just wanted to ask what a good study routine would be leading up to the June test...I have already taken about 35-40 PTs.
Just looking for some advice on how to lead into the last week and a half before the big day.

Thanks!

Mike19

Re: Last Week and a Half Before June LSAT...Study Routine?

Postby Mike19 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:27 pm

depends. is your average below/right at/above your goal?

How many more PTs do you have that you haven't taken?

Have you reveiwed the ones you have taken?

Other than that, the only advice that I have to give is to make sure to take next Sunday off.

balzern

Postby balzern » Wed May 26, 2010 1:31 pm

my average is raning between a 157-163 and I would like to get around a 160 +/- (1)... I currently have 3 more PTs that I have not taken (tonight I plan to take half of a test). I have reviewed my past PTs to understand my mistakes and trending weaknesses. Suggestions?

Mike19

Postby Mike19 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:39 pm

my first suggestion would be to not take half a test. If you only have 3 more tests then take them all with the following stipulations:

1) take each of them as a whole test
2) take them timed
3) spend time after each test going back over your wrong answers before moving on to the next one.

Since it isn't advisable to take more than one test a day I would say that this method should carry you through to the weekend.

Next week I would simply devote 30 minutes- 1 hour each day going back through your old tests and just reviewing question types that gave you issues/how you can handle those issues. I would review all the way until the saturday before the test.

take next sunday off. Do something to take your mind off the test. Cramming the day before will do more harm than good.

Other than that I'd say you're on a good course. I know it's rough being on both sides of your goal (im hitting between 168 and 173 consistently and I'd like to be above 170..) but at this point in the game the most you can do is review your old tests, take the few you have left, and make sure that you are completely focused on the monday of the test.

Is this a retake for you or will it be your first time?

balzern

Postby balzern » Wed May 26, 2010 1:46 pm

This is my frist time. I don't know how I will be able to take all three tests though - I work a full time job from 6:30 am to 4:30 pm and being able to muster enough energy up to take half a timed test is a lot for me right now. I was going to take a full test Saturday for sure, but more full tests from that point on is a lot to ask of myself. Before I came home from school I was taking 2 full tests a week and sections when I had time. Given that we are this far along the road before the test, will this last week make significant difference? And given my range, what would a probable score be? It's kinda hard for me to say because each test varries so much. And after each test I look at the wrong answers to try to grasp my mistakes.

Mike19

Postby Mike19 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:52 pm

I hear ya. Im doing a FT internship right now and studying at night is rough.

However, the only thing I can tell you is that in 2 weeks it will all be over. Small sacrifices aren't that big of a deal in the long run.

Also, since this is your first time taking it I honestly can't tell you what to expect your score to be.

Some people see a drop in their score, some see a raise, and others hit their average. Just be focused the day of the test and try to limit your nerves.

I personally am waking up at 8, eating, going to the gym for a light exercise, showering, eating a small lunch, and then heading to the test.

Comfort is the only real thing you'll have control of going into the test.

160+ seems reasonable for you as long as you don't panic.

balzern

Postby balzern » Wed May 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Thanks man, I guess were on the same boat. Haha I am taking the test in a rural PA town about an hour away. You? Do you think it would be ok if I just took 1 full length test this weekend and then took 1.5 between now and next week with timed sections? Thanks for your input!

Mike19

Postby Mike19 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:58 pm

that sounds like a good plan. You're testing right at the score you want to end up with, which is a good thing. At least you're not trying for some insane improvement in the next 1.5 weeks like a bunch of other people are.

Im taking the test in GA at a location only 15 minutes away from my house.. so I guess I lucked out on the whole commute thing. The most I can say is just listen to your favorite music/radio station on the way to the test.

balzern

Postby balzern » Wed May 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Haha I'll bang out some Kid Cudi on the way there :P

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”