Um Interview, HUH?!? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
towel42

New

Um Interview, HUH?!?

Post by towel42 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:09 pm

Ok, so here is the short and dirty version of my story.

On hold e-mail comes from top choice school asking for LOCI via email on Monday. I write one and send it off in the wee hours on Monday night. Tuesday 1st thing in the AM I get an email from the dean of admissions requesting a "meeting" since we live in the same city.

um...what??????? No one I know or can google has EVER interviewed at this school, and am also quite sure that they generally don't respond to LOCIs at all, let alone in less than 12 hours!

so, how to interpret this? good sign? some glaring issue with my app they wanna figure out??? and how should I prepare??? HELP!?!? :?: :?:

Mike19

New

Re: Um Interview, HUH?!?

Post by Mike19 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Judging by the fact that they wanted a LOCI first then it's probably a good sign.

Since you sent in a letter that showed you still really wanted to attend their school then now they're probably meeting with you to make a final decision.

With the fast turnaround that happened I would venture to say that you weren't the only one they did this to.

Might just be a final review type deal

Edit: this is only my opinion based off the facts you presented. Take what I said with a grain of salt.

Iconoclast

Bronze

Post by Iconoclast » Wed May 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Of course it's a good sign. They would not waste the time meeting with you if they weren't seriously considering you.

Iconoclast

Bronze

Post by Iconoclast » Wed May 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Here's a link to another thread with some solid tips on preparing for an interview.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=112060

Good luck!

Edit: link fix
Last edited by Iconoclast on Wed May 26, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed May 26, 2010 12:31 pm

From what you have said, it sounds like it is probably a good thing. If they don't really plan on admitting you, then they wouldn't waste their time setting up an interview. However, if they would like to admit you, but would like a little bit more information or whatever because they aren't completely sure, then perhaps they would go through the trouble of setting up an interview.

Be able to answer questions about anything and everything within your application - from your resume, to the personal statement, to any addendum you may have wrote. Be professional and friendly, even if they seem laid back or unfriendly. Make sure you can answer why the school is your top choice and don't give trite, general answers (be specific).

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”