please advise!!! i was badmouthed to admissions counselor!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ocharleys88

please advise!!! i was badmouthed to admissions counselor!

Postby ocharleys88 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:50 pm

i graduated a few weeks ago and ill be be taking a year off from school (at least thats the plan for now... see below). without going tinto much detail, i have it on good authority that i was badmouthed to a top admissions counselor by a law school student at my university. this student and the counselor have a good friendship. the words uttered were something along the lines of "i strongly encourage you to deny any application for admission submitted by my name." i didn't do anything wrong really, we just disagreed vehemently on certain things and stabbed each other in the back quite a lot...

what should I do? my alma matar's law school is my first choice. my numbers are right in the mid 25-75% range for gpa and lsat. should i set up an appointment with the counselor to fix things and clear my name? i am extremely heartbroken. please let me know what you think i should do. i feel like giving up. should i just not bother applying to my alma matar? i worry that the counselor will spread this commentary beyond to other schools. should I seek out the help of an admissions professional???

D. H2Oman

Re: please advise!!! i was badmouthed to admissions counselor!

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon May 24, 2010 7:53 pm

ocharleys88 wrote:i graduated a few weeks ago and ill be be taking a year off from school (at least thats the plan for now... see below). without going tinto much detail, i have it on good authority that i was badmouthed to a top admissions counselor by a law school student at my university. this student and the counselor have a good friendship. the words uttered were something along the lines of "i strongly encourage you to deny any application for admission submitted by my name." i didn't do anything wrong really, we just disagreed vehemently on certain things and stabbed each other in the back quite a lot...

what should I do? my alma matar's law school is my first choice. my numbers are right in the mid 25-75% range for gpa and lsat. should i set up an appointment with the counselor to fix things and clear my name? i am extremely heartbroken. please let me know what you think i should do. i feel like giving up. should i just not bother applying to my alma matar? i worry that the counselor will spread this commentary beyond to other schools. should I seek out the help of an admissions professional???

Yes, lucky for you, I run one and I know exactly how to get you out of this. Things are going to be alright. PM for my rate.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon May 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Speak to the admission counselor, and crucify the other student.

thistimereborn

Postby thistimereborn » Mon May 24, 2010 7:54 pm

I will beat D.H20man's rate by 10% and throw in a free pizza lunch during our sessions. The sessions will still be over the phone, as is standard practice for admissions counselors, but I'll have Papa John's meet you at your place.

lawman2010

Postby lawman2010 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:55 pm

How will the saga play out... this is thick with drama! I guess this is what happens when you let yourself get caught up in vengeful type shit.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Mon May 24, 2010 7:55 pm

ocharleys88 wrote:i graduated a few weeks ago and ill be be taking a year off from school (at least thats the plan for now... see below). without going tinto much detail, i have it on good authority that i was badmouthed to a top admissions counselor by a law school student at my university. this student and the counselor have a good friendship. the words uttered were something along the lines of "i strongly encourage you to deny any application for admission submitted by my name." i didn't do anything wrong really, we just disagreed vehemently on certain things and stabbed each other in the back quite a lot...

You're done buddy. All the counselors at my school do is spend their time talking to other admissions counselors about which students they heard bad, vague critiques of.

14yearplan

Postby 14yearplan » Mon May 24, 2010 8:03 pm

I think you should concentrate on fixing your shift keys first.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Mon May 24, 2010 8:10 pm

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Mon May 24, 2010 8:49 pm

YCrevolution wrote:We frown on alts here at TLS.

Uh oh, someone is in trouble :P

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”