3.68 GPA, 165 LSAT, URM (A.A. Male), Stanford Law School???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
vandy2012

Re: 3.68 GPA, 165 LSAT, URM (A.A. Male), Stanford Law School???

Postby vandy2012 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:47 pm

I do not see why you would have been so angered by my comments that simply shed light on the fact that the OP has a chance at Stanford because of those two examples. The question from the OP seems to be "do I have a chance of Stanford?"... Those two anecdotes seem to suggest that the OP has a chance at Stanford. But if you want to get angry over a thread post that is not even directed at you, then I feel badly for you

Like all these threads on 'chances', how do you expect anybody, aside from anecdotes which are not representative of the larger applicant pool other, to give a sufficient answer...

amputatedbrain

Postby amputatedbrain » Sat May 22, 2010 2:44 am

3.89/164 non-URM . . . I got in . . . it happens

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat May 22, 2010 2:48 am

vandy2012 wrote:I do not see why you would have been so angered by my comments that simply shed light on the fact that the OP has a chance at Stanford because of those two examples. The question from the OP seems to be "do I have a chance of Stanford?"... Those two anecdotes seem to suggest that the OP has a chance at Stanford. But if you want to get angry over a thread post that is not even directed at you, then I feel badly for you

Like all these threads on 'chances', how do you expect anybody, aside from anecdotes which are not representative of the larger applicant pool other, to give a sufficient answer...

You must be new here...

Ever heard of LSN? LSP?

You Gotta Have Faith

Re: 3.86 GPA, 165 LSAT, URM (A.A. Male), Stanford Law School???

Postby You Gotta Have Faith » Sat May 22, 2010 3:24 am

Maalik wrote:
romothesavior wrote:If you scored a 165 diagnostic, you could easily be in the 170s by December. If you can get in the 172-174 range, you'll have a really good shot to get into Stanford.

I've heard from a few people that Stanford has more of a holistic approach & that it's not as numbers based as say HLS. Is that true?

Yes... and No. Stanford is more "holistic" generally speaking. But there is also more of a floor that they won't go below. For example, Stanford will not take an LSAT lower than 160. This has been shown year after year. But Harvard and Yale both have, year after year.

In any case, all three of them by necessity pay attention to numbers, even if they are "holistic" at times. They just have to to stay as high on the totem pole as they are.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”