Will LSAC round my LSAC 3.6996GPA to 3.70?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lshelby11
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Will LSAC round my LSAC 3.6996GPA to 3.70?

Postby lshelby11 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi All,
I calculated my LSAC gpa using the various scales (4.33 = A+, 3.67 = A-, etc. etc.)

When I finished the math, I got to a result of 3.6996. So, my question is whether LSAC will round this up to a 3.70?

Thanks in advance.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Will LSAC round my LSAC 3.6996GPA to 3.70?

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:17 pm

lshelby11 wrote:Hi All,
I calculated my LSAC gpa using the various scales (4.33 = A+, 3.67 = A-, etc. etc.)

When I finished the math, I got to a result of 3.6996. So, my question is whether LSAC will round this up to a 3.70?

Thanks in advance.


Unless they don't understand significant digits, yes.

User avatar
joeshmo39
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 am

Re: Will LSAC round my LSAC 3.6996GPA to 3.70?

Postby joeshmo39 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:19 pm

Wow, slow day on the boards.

lshelby11
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: Will LSAC round my LSAC 3.6996GPA to 3.70?

Postby lshelby11 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm not looking for what seems logical because I think it would be logical. I'm looking for confirmation from people who have actually been in this same scenario and can confirm LSAC will round up.

Thanks

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Will LSAC round my LSAC 3.6996GPA to 3.70?

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:28 pm

lshelby11 wrote:I'm not looking for what seems logical because I think it would be logical. I'm looking for confirmation from people who have actually been in this same scenario and can confirm LSAC will round up.

Thanks


They only report with three significant digits. I don't know if they round, but they won't put 3.6996.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Will LSAC round my LSAC 3.6996GPA to 3.70?

Postby im_blue » Thu May 20, 2010 7:01 pm

Yes, LSAC will round GPAs to 2 decimal places, so you'll get a 3.70.

blueballa
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Will LSAC round my LSAC 3.6996GPA to 3.70?

Postby blueballa » Thu May 20, 2010 11:42 pm

im_blue wrote:Yes, LSAC will round GPAs to 2 decimal places, so you'll get a 3.70.


Yep, I can verify that. My 3.746 became a 3.75 after all was said and done.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 6 guests