GPA Addendum - Sample

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
recaldo
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:30 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby recaldo » Fri May 21, 2010 12:35 pm

I am sitting here being accused of being liar, being unbelievable. What the hell? Just trust what I say is true and critique the writing. There is no need to get personal.
Last edited by recaldo on Fri May 21, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby d34d9823 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:36 pm

recaldo wrote:every amazing thing that've done that makes me who i am is unbelievable. it's amazing. you people can not see outside the box, or at least have never tried. its seriously amazing.

Quote from Always Credited:

"Thanks for all the tips guys. One last question: Should I basically be cutting out cardio if I'm looking to bulk? Or just cut it out on lifting days? Depends on body type, generally. Regardless, though, the general answer is "yes" - especially on days you lift. One day of cardio per we..."

What a loser ass bro.

What the hell? He's a loser because he works out? Most of us feel like losers when we DON'T work out.

Edit: and yes, unbelievable, parsed strictly, is definitely the way to describe you.

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby Always Credited » Fri May 21, 2010 12:41 pm

recaldo wrote:
Always Credited wrote:
recaldo wrote:Gross.


The poo is representative of your writing skills.


Funny that I wrote a famous book, and scored 99 percentile on every writing standardized test since 8th grade. However, it's clearly not the type of writing you want or even that admissions people want(apparently).

It is a personal style though. Sorry, man, but you lose at not being able to understand context. Please send me some good writing if you don't mind so I can see what good writing is in your opinion. I am interested in learning more about your opinion.


I never said that I didn't understand the context; I simply said that it was terrible. Which it is.

As for good writing? Why don't you start here, and work your way up.

--ImageRemoved--

EzraStiles
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby EzraStiles » Fri May 21, 2010 12:42 pm

recaldo wrote:every amazing thing that've done that makes me who i am is unbelievable.


recaldo wrote:Funny that I wrote a famous book.


Is that you, Dean Koontz? The addendum's quality would make me think...yes. Or Dan Brown.

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby Always Credited » Fri May 21, 2010 12:43 pm

recaldo wrote:every amazing thing that've done that makes me who i am is unbelievable. it's amazing. you people can not see outside the box, or at least have never tried. its seriously amazing.

Quote from Always Credited:

"Thanks for all the tips guys. One last question: Should I basically be cutting out cardio if I'm looking to bulk? Or just cut it out on lifting days? Depends on body type, generally. Regardless, though, the general answer is "yes" - especially on days you lift. One day of cardio per we..."

What a loser ass bro.

Actually, I posted ABOUT that quote in the fitness thread. I didn't write it - I gave the guy you quoted advice.


The advice was "yes if you're an ectomorph, no if you aren't". You're the worst, OP...lol. Here's the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=50308&start=4450

Scroll down on that page to see the exact quote, which OP misquoted.

Deformation of character, brah. I'm calling it in.
Last edited by Always Credited on Fri May 21, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

recaldo
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:30 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby recaldo » Fri May 21, 2010 12:44 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
recaldo wrote:every amazing thing that've done that makes me who i am is unbelievable. it's amazing. you people can not see outside the box, or at least have never tried. its seriously amazing.

Quote from Always Credited:

"Thanks for all the tips guys. One last question: Should I basically be cutting out cardio if I'm looking to bulk? Or just cut it out on lifting days? Depends on body type, generally. Regardless, though, the general answer is "yes" - especially on days you lift. One day of cardio per we..."

What a loser ass bro.

What the hell? He's a loser because he works out? Most of us feel like losers when we DON'T work out.

Edit: and yes, unbelievable, parsed strictly, is definitely the way to describe you.


Edit
Last edited by recaldo on Fri May 21, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

recaldo
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:30 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby recaldo » Fri May 21, 2010 12:46 pm

Always Credited wrote:
recaldo wrote:
Always Credited wrote:
recaldo wrote:Gross.


The poo is representative of your writing skills.


Funny that I wrote a famous book, and scored 99 percentile on every writing standardized test since 8th grade. However, it's clearly not the type of writing you want or even that admissions people want(apparently).

It is a personal style though. Sorry, man, but you lose at not being able to understand context. Please send me some good writing if you don't mind so I can see what good writing is in your opinion. I am interested in learning more about your opinion.


I never said that I didn't understand the context; I simply said that it was terrible. Which it is.

As for good writing? Why don't you start here, and work your way up.

--ImageRemoved--



Send me some good writing of yours please. Show me what good writing really is. Put up or shut up. Thanks!

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby Always Credited » Fri May 21, 2010 12:46 pm

Its all true - a flawless analysis. Self pic for full disclosure:

Image

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby clintonius » Fri May 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Hm. I think I might have found pictorial evidence of the OP's legitimacy.
Last edited by clintonius on Fri May 21, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzraStiles
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby EzraStiles » Fri May 21, 2010 12:49 pm

recaldo wrote:Send me some good writing of yours please. Show me what good writing really is. Put up or shut up. Thanks!


We're all still waiting for you to do this.

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby hotdog123 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:53 pm

...anxiously waiting for the OP to post his revised addendum.

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby T14 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:02 pm

For what it's worth, I thought your writing was fine, and even above average (although I wasn't a big fan of the wind whipping your hair part at the end). I agree with the other posters that the writing format and style are incorrect for the goals you have in mind.

That being said, if I were you, I'd be embarassed about being reduced to calling people names and trying to rip on them for their fitness goals.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby romothesavior » Fri May 21, 2010 1:12 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Let the meme generation begin.

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby Kilpatrick » Fri May 21, 2010 1:31 pm

So I'm really trying to determine if the OP is a flame or not. I keep going back and forth. "I wrote a famous book"?? I mean, he can't be real right? Here's a post of his from the Illinois 2010 thread:

recaldo wrote:
Dear Dean Pless,

In a previous post, you wrote(something to the effect of) "I am building a community and have to make sure I let people in who won't disturb that" in response to a question about disorderly conduct misdemeanors. I am wondering if your vision for UIUC's community includes people whose histories indicate that they may have challeneged the status quo - for example, on issues concerning the financial crisis, civil rights, or racial issues.

In my humble opinion, such individuals make strong contributions to any community, though such individuals might be thought of as disruptions or provocateurs. Such individuals might also be considered to be "disturbing" the community, even if their viewpoint is communicated in a way that's consistent with law, order and general social norms.

So my question is, would such activities and/or participation in such activities hamper an application to UIUC, or was your comment about building community really directed towards illegality,mayham, and violence rather than intellectual disruption? Sorry to put words in your mouth in my opening statement, I know that was not your exact quote.


Is he really flaming an adcomm here? Or is there a chance this is a real person who really has these thoughts in his brain? I am so confused.

recaldo
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:30 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby recaldo » Fri May 21, 2010 3:36 pm

T14 wrote:For what it's worth, I thought your writing was fine, and even above average (although I wasn't a big fan of the wind whipping your hair part at the end). I agree with the other posters that the writing format and style are incorrect for the goals you have in mind.

That being said, if I were you, I'd be embarassed about being reduced to calling people names and trying to rip on them for their fitness goals.


TY, T14

recaldo
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:30 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby recaldo » Fri May 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:So I'm really trying to determine if the OP is a flame or not. I keep going back and forth. "I wrote a famous book"?? I mean, he can't be real right? Here's a post of his from the Illinois 2010 thread:

recaldo wrote:
Dear Dean Pless,

In a previous post, you wrote(something to the effect of) "I am building a community and have to make sure I let people in who won't disturb that" in response to a question about disorderly conduct misdemeanors. I am wondering if your vision for UIUC's community includes people whose histories indicate that they may have challeneged the status quo - for example, on issues concerning the financial crisis, civil rights, or racial issues.

In my humble opinion, such individuals make strong contributions to any community, though such individuals might be thought of as disruptions or provocateurs. Such individuals might also be considered to be "disturbing" the community, even if their viewpoint is communicated in a way that's consistent with law, order and general social norms.

So my question is, would such activities and/or participation in such activities hamper an application to UIUC, or was your comment about building community really directed towards illegality,mayham, and violence rather than intellectual disruption? Sorry to put words in your mouth in my opening statement, I know that was not your exact quote.


Is he really flaming an adcomm here? Or is there a chance this is a real person who really has these thoughts in his brain? I am so confused.


Look, you guys are going way too far and potentially damaging my application by spewing nonsense everywhere. Please stop. There is no flame. I asked Dean Pless a question, which he graciously answered. I don't know how any of that is flame. I am not posting on this thread anymore, this is very screwed up. I'm sorry

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby hotdog123 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Image

User avatar
Bert
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby Bert » Fri May 21, 2010 4:43 pm

This is kind of like one of the those fights you see in the movies where the fight starts in Seedy Bar A and then moves to Random Office Complex B.

Looks like it is starting to spill over into: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=118149

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby d34d9823 » Fri May 21, 2010 4:44 pm

Bert wrote:This is kind of like one of the those fights you see in the movies where the fight starts in Seedy Bar A and then moves to Random Office Complex B.

Looks like it is starting to spill over into: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=118149

What's weird is that recaldo is a complete psycho in this thread, but so far he's sounding normal and rational in that one.

User avatar
Bert
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby Bert » Fri May 21, 2010 4:52 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:What's weird is that recaldo is a complete psycho in this thread, but so far he's sounding [strike]normal and[/strike]rational in that one.


Couldn't agree more.

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby hotdog123 » Fri May 21, 2010 4:59 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
Bert wrote:This is kind of like one of the those fights you see in the movies where the fight starts in Seedy Bar A and then moves to Random Office Complex B.

Looks like it is starting to spill over into: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=118149

What's weird is that recaldo is a complete psycho in this thread, but so far he's sounding normal and rational in that one.


I'm guessing he might have actually learned something from his failboat with this thread.

We'll see how long he can keep it together before it goes nuclear.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby kalvano » Fri May 21, 2010 5:28 pm

EzraStiles wrote:Is that you, Dean Koontz? The addendum's quality would make me think...yes. Or Dan Brown.



Having read both of those authors, I can absolutely say the OP is neither one.


They have some vague concept of how to adequately communicate a story.

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby Kilpatrick » Fri May 21, 2010 6:17 pm

Are you telling me you've honestly never read "Grandma Raped Me, My Brother Is A Bastard and A Plane Flew Into My House" by Ricky Recaldo. You philistine.

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby Always Credited » Fri May 21, 2010 6:24 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
Bert wrote:This is kind of like one of the those fights you see in the movies where the fight starts in Seedy Bar A and then moves to Random Office Complex B.

Looks like it is starting to spill over into: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=118149

What's weird is that recaldo is a complete psycho in this thread, but so far he's sounding normal and rational in that one.


I'm guessing he might have actually learned something from his failboat with this thread.

We'll see how long he can keep it together before it goes nuclear.


Other thread is now going nuclear.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Postby kalvano » Fri May 21, 2010 6:47 pm

I've got this odd sensation that he doesn't like me very much.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests