GPA Addendum - Sample Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
d34d9823

Gold

Re: GPA Addendum - Sample

Post by d34d9823 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:32 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:Are you telling me you've honestly never read "Grandma Raped Me, My Brother Is A Bastard and A Plane Flew Into My House" by Ricky Recaldo. You philistine.
Dude! I loved that book!

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Fri May 21, 2010 7:48 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:Are you telling me you've honestly never read "Grandma Raped Me, My Brother Is A Bastard and A Plane Flew Into My House" by Ricky Recaldo. You philistine.
Dude! I loved that book!
Thats funny.
Last edited by recaldo on Sun May 23, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Fri May 21, 2010 8:08 pm

What's doubly funny is that I was about to say even I'm not comfortable with that. Even as a joke.

You are my favorite ever.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri May 21, 2010 9:22 pm

That's not his book.

I found his book -

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:07 am

kalvano wrote:That's not his book.

I found his book -
I was thinking it was this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

louieg834

New

Post by louieg834 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Hello all!

I'm fairly new to this website but I have already gotten valuable insight from it. I was wondering if you all could give me some feedback on my GPA addendum. I tried to make it as short as possible without leaving out any information that I feel would help me. Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

GPA ADDENDUM
I believe my overall college GPA is not indicative of my true abilities because I have always excelled in the classroom. Unfortunately, I come from a small family comprised of only my parents and sister. Not having any relatives in California, we have always been an extremely close-knit family. Regrettably, my sister went through a bitter divorce during my time in college. My niece Ashley was caught in the middle of this brutal divorce and I quickly came to her aid. I supported her physically and emotionally for those times were particularly rough on her. By the end of my college career, I was her only father figure.

servo

New

Post by servo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:41 pm

louieg834 wrote:Hello all!

I'm fairly new to this website but I have already gotten valuable insight from it. I was wondering if you all could give me some feedback on my GPA addendum. I tried to make it as short as possible without leaving out any information that I feel would help me. Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

GPA ADDENDUM
I believe my overall college GPA is not indicative of my true abilities because I have always excelled in the classroom. Unfortunately, I come from a small family comprised of only my parents and sister. Not having any relatives in California, we have always been an extremely close-knit family. Regrettably, my sister went through a bitter divorce during my time in college. My niece Ashley was caught in the middle of this brutal divorce and I quickly came to her aid. I supported her physically and emotionally for those times were particularly rough on her. By the end of my college career, I was her only father figure.
and the adcom says, LIFE HAPPENS. It would be better if you phrased the whole thing like, I had to work X hrs. a week extra to support my niece during her divorce...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:44 pm

louieg834 wrote:Hello all!

GPA ADDENDUM
You addendum is a little over the top and should probably be toned down a bit. I'd recommend starting a thread about it, because this thread here is like a city deserted by its residents after months of intense bombing.

louieg834

New

Post by louieg834 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Thanks! Will do.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”