Lsac website Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
paulshortys10

Silver

Lsac website

Post by paulshortys10 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:11 am

i had conversation with someone today about my future in law school and he told me about the LSAC website. He said I should join it because for 180 or so dollars i can have my letters of rec be sent there, my transcripts, and they will send them to the law schools i apply to. Can someone let me in on how the website works and what services it does?

I also have a separate question. When applying to law schools, whats the cost for applying at each/some of them? is there a fee waiver or some financial aid available for that. I obviously want to apply to the most schools possible, but not pay much.

entrechatsix

Bronze

Re: Lsac website

Post by entrechatsix » Thu May 20, 2010 4:15 am

http://www.lsac.org

you actually have to sign up to apply. it's pretty self-explanatory...

edit: this should answer most of your questions http://www.lsac.org/Applying/lsdas-gene ... mation.asp

paulshortys10

Silver

Post by paulshortys10 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:33 am

thanks...
how bout question 2?

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Thu May 20, 2010 4:38 am

You can apply for a fee waiver through LSAC. I'm not sure what the qualifications are but I got one. The fee waiver covers one LSAT administration and most law schools will give you a waiver if you qualified for the LSAC one. (Of the 20+ schools I filled out applications for, the only one that did not honor the LSAC waiver was Texas. Fuck Texas). But that only covers the application fee. You still have to pay $12 per school for some bullshit 'report fee.' If you don't qualify for a fee waiver you may also get merit based waivers from certain schools, based on your lsat score.

entrechatsix

Bronze

Post by entrechatsix » Thu May 20, 2010 4:39 am

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Thu May 20, 2010 11:44 am

Many schools will give grant you a fee waiver based on your LSAT. One thing I wish I would have known earlier in my admissions process was that you can actually solicit fee waivers from schools. Just send them an email and politely ask if it would be possible for them to grant you a fee waiver - include your name, LSAT/GPA, and LSAC account number. The worst thing that can happen is they say no (I think I asked like, 3 or 4 schools for fee waivers and they were all granted).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”