(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
byunbee

Re: Rescind offer for C- on thesis?

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 3:01 am

Cilent21 wrote:
ssur wrote:byunbee, you are my favorite.

:twisted:

Hey don't flash those devil eyes at me, son. :evil:

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Thu May 20, 2010 3:03 am

byunbee wrote:
Cilent21 wrote:

those devil eyes were merely saying I was clearly the most helpful ITT

byunbee

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 3:04 am

Cilent21 wrote:
byunbee wrote:
Cilent21 wrote:

those devil eyes were merely saying I was clearly the most helpful ITT

No, I clearly saw some evil devilish intent behind those eyes.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Thu May 20, 2010 3:04 am

/thread

ssur

Postby ssur » Thu May 20, 2010 3:06 am

Last edited by ssur on Thu May 20, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Thu May 20, 2010 3:07 am

ssur wrote:Any way to delete a thread?
(And thanks for your reassurance! It helps to see things in writing even if you know you're worrying about nothing.)

no deleting.. it will fade into nothingness

echoi

Postby echoi » Thu May 20, 2010 4:26 am

just a cool fyi, byunbee means 'constipation' in Korean.

byunbee

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 5:00 am

echoi wrote:

just a cool fyi, byunbee means 'constipation' in Korean.

thank you for noticing, finally someone knows my pain.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu May 20, 2010 8:36 am

ssur wrote:This semester I was taking 20 credits (an overload at my university) including 4 for a senior thesis. While I was able to maintain grades in the A range for all of my other classes, my thesis research didn't work out as planned and I had to accept a C- rather than an incomplete because I needed the credits to graduate. I wasn't blowing it off- just didn't have the time to get my act together before the deadline. My acceptance letter only states that I need to submit a transcript verifying that I graduated before August. My final GPA is higher than the one I was admitted with.
Do you see any potential for this grade to be a problem/is it possible my school will rescind its offer? Would you send a letter or let it go?

I'll be honest this story seems off. First off though you should know that the school gets to make the decision and we just give you our experiences thus far - you can't quote us as "telling" you when you talk to the school. Generally, people get C's and don't get offers rescinded, but your case may be different. Your original post makes it seem like you didn't even do a thesis, is this correct? If so, how did you get the C- if you didn't even do the thesis? That may bother schools if someone happens to ask to see your thesis, only if you made a big deal about it in your applications, and you don't have it.

I couldn't see the grade causing a problem, but if you got the grade without even doing the work then that is just a school failure and may bite you.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Thu May 20, 2010 11:16 am

Unitas wrote:
ssur wrote:This semester I was taking 20 credits (an overload at my university) including 4 for a senior thesis. While I was able to maintain grades in the A range for all of my other classes, my thesis research didn't work out as planned and I had to accept a C- rather than an incomplete because I needed the credits to graduate. I wasn't blowing it off- just didn't have the time to get my act together before the deadline. My acceptance letter only states that I need to submit a transcript verifying that I graduated before August. My final GPA is higher than the one I was admitted with.
Do you see any potential for this grade to be a problem/is it possible my school will rescind its offer? Would you send a letter or let it go?

I'll be honest this story seems off. First off though you should know that the school gets to make the decision and we just give you our experiences thus far - you can't quote us as "telling" you when you talk to the school. Generally, people get C's and don't get offers rescinded, but your case may be different. Your original post makes it seem like you didn't even do a thesis, is this correct? If so, how did you get the C- if you didn't even do the thesis? That may bother schools if someone happens to ask to see your thesis, only if you made a big deal about it in your applications, and you don't have it.

I couldn't see the grade causing a problem, but if you got the grade without even doing the work then that is just a school failure [strike]and may bite you.[/strike]

No way his school is going to care about this.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”