Final Transcript Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ljmrc3344

New

Final Transcript

Post by ljmrc3344 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Since schools must report the graduating LSDAS GPA of their matriculants, does the final transcript need to go through LSAC? I am asking this for both the school that I have a deposit at, and for the waitlists that I am still pursuing.

I know that for the waitlists I need to just send them an unofficial update of the last semester's grades followed by an official copy of the grades, but would they prefer that copy be directly from my undergrad, or would they want the official, calculated package from LSAC? It seemed like this was the latter was the really the only acceptable format during the regular cycle, but now it seems a little more vague as to what the preference is.

Chupavida

Bronze

Re: Final Transcript

Post by Chupavida » Wed May 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Last edited by Chupavida on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:12 pm

I think the way in which you have to send it varies from school to school. My law school is requesting that I have my UG university forward my final transcript directly to them, so I don't need to send it through LSAC. Yours might be different though, so you may want to check with each school's admissions office.

jazzluvr

New

Post by jazzluvr » Mon May 24, 2010 3:05 pm

blue5385 wrote:I think the way in which you have to send it varies from school to school. My law school is requesting that I have my UG university forward my final transcript directly to them, so I don't need to send it through LSAC. Yours might be different though, so you may want to check with each school's admissions office.
Nope. This does NOT vary by school. The final, official (from the school, not LSAC) transcript is an ABA requirement. You can find it on their website. Every school must have it on file for every student within 90 days of enrollment. It can't come from LSAC.

Janus

New

Post by Janus » Mon May 24, 2010 3:06 pm

Nope. This does NOT vary by school. The final, official (from the school, not LSAC) transcript is an ABA requirement. You can find it on their website. Every school must have it on file for every student within 90 days of enrollment. It can't come from LSAC.

TITCR

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”