Superficial wrote:flcath wrote:rayiner wrote:UCI will rank well. Maybe not T20, but T1 certainly. Consider what the factors in the rankings are:
1) LSAT, GPA. UCI has these.
2) Peer reputation. Academics like Leiter are already fawning over UCI's faculty: http://www.leiterrankings.com/new/2010_ ... pact.shtml
3) Lawyer/Judge reputation. This will probably suck.
4) Spending per student, tc. This will be high because of UCI's tiny class size.
5) Library size, etc. UCI can compete as much as anyone else on this one.
Places like GWU and ND have nosedived in the past b/c of a weird year of yield. Our acceptance rate went up 12% one year and it caused a 8-place drop in the rankings.
Yield is far more lightly-weighted than lawyer/judge reputation, and UCI will suffer worse than (the analog of) a 12% drop in a nationwide (NE-biased) reputation survey, since no one knows what the fuck it is.
This TTT shithole will fry come rankings day, and rightfully so.
You get what you pay for.
So does this mean if I pay tuition at McGeorge School of Law, then I will get YLS education!?!?!?
Thank you. It's gone now, courtesy of a move from FL to the midwest.
I don't know what a McGeorge is (is that the Canadian one?), in all seriousness.