UC Irvine Law Ranking

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby tru » Fri May 28, 2010 1:01 am

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby Notor » Fri May 28, 2010 1:08 am

Emmalemma wrote: UCI's faculty comes from THE BEST schools in the country


--ImageRemoved--

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby ENGINEERD » Fri May 28, 2010 1:20 am

Okay south dakota is pretty awesome and all but im shocked that people don't like Orange County... Laguna, Newport, Corona Del Mar are all like 10 minutes away. Awesome beaches/bars and a bunch of young people. Also SD and LA are only 1 hour away as is Big Bear (snowboarding). It seems like such an ideal location to me. Its clean, safe, and pretty. The down side... the lack of culture and everything looks the same. I am guessing the reason is that a lot of you don't like the people in orange county and that is where all the hate is coming from???

It is true that there is a large population of spoiled kids and shitty people but there are shitty people everywhere. The way I see it, if you must live amongst shitty people you might as well be right next to some of the most beautiful beaches and scenery in the country than in a smog filled concrete jungle like LA. Also how the hell can you compare it to Fresno, I hope that was a sarcasm fail on my part...

User avatar
autarkh
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby autarkh » Fri May 28, 2010 1:41 am

ENGINEERD wrote:Its clean, safe, and pretty.


Translation: it's aseptic, orderly, and meticulously inoffensive.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Fri May 28, 2010 2:12 am

Daytukrjabs wrote:
dcm81 wrote:

They are going to fail because they won't get the reputation scores needed. TLS members don't guide the rankings, professors and judges do. Some deans/professors will love UCI, others won't even know where the hell UCI is. Judges/Partners won't have much to judge UCI by in terms of how they fare in the courtroom, so I doubt they are going to score in the 3 range there either. Their GPA/LSAT scores will assure them or a ranking somewhere in the top 50 range, but I would be shocked if they hit top 20 the first year out. If they did that would be a tremendous achievement that I doubt has ever been achieved by a law school in the USNews era of rankings.


You do realize reputation score doesn't reflect the quality or performance of education at any given school?


Nobody said the reputation score necessarily reflects the quality of education, but it plays a major part in ranking the school which is what the poster was going after.

User avatar
hoopsguy6
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby hoopsguy6 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:26 am

ENGINEERD wrote:Its clean, safe, and pretty.


+1. I really don't get the Irvine hate. It might not have enough "character" to appease all the hipsters, but it's a decent enough place to go to school for three years.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby 20160810 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:20 am

hoopsguy6 wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:Its clean, safe, and pretty.


+1. I really don't get the Irvine hate. It might not have enough "character" to appease all the hipsters, but it's a decent enough place to go to school for three years.


Some people get bored switching between Starbucks and Outback Steakhouse.

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby Kilpatrick » Fri May 28, 2010 3:36 am

.
Last edited by Kilpatrick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby ENGINEERD » Fri May 28, 2010 4:16 am

Kilpatrick wrote:I dated this girl who grew up in Irvine. One time she told me she wanted to take me to the place where everybody hung out in high school. It was a Yum Yum Donuts.


Well thats a good story. Yes Irvine is very generic but at least its classy restaurant chains and lots of them to mix up the outback.

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby Kilpatrick » Fri May 28, 2010 4:24 am

.
Last edited by Kilpatrick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby 20160810 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:33 am

Kilpatrick wrote:Cheesecake factory is not classy.


Ditto PF Chang's and Old Spaghetti Factory. HTH.

Also, eat@ SoCal chains at your own peril. The Olive Garden in Torrance damn near killed me. Worst food poisoning I've ever had. I had to pull off the 5 in Burbank to yak my guts out in an In N Out parking lot at 9 am the next morning.

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby ENGINEERD » Fri May 28, 2010 5:13 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:Cheesecake factory is not classy.


Ditto PF Chang's and Old Spaghetti Factory. HTH.

Also, eat@ SoCal chains at your own peril. The Olive Garden in Torrance damn near killed me. Worst food poisoning I've ever had. I had to pull off the 5 in Burbank to yak my guts out in an In N Out parking lot at 9 am the next morning.


Whattt Spaghetti factory is the best!

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby tru » Fri May 28, 2010 6:32 am

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:47 am

Daytukrjabs wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:Cheesecake factory is not classy.


Ditto PF Chang's and Old Spaghetti Factory. HTH.

Also, eat@ SoCal chains at your own peril. The Olive Garden in Torrance damn near killed me. Worst food poisoning I've ever had. I had to pull off the 5 in Burbank to yak my guts out in an In N Out parking lot at 9 am the next morning.


You did it to yourself

--ImageRemoved--

*P.F. Chang's Double Pan-Fried Noodles Combo, 1,820 calories, 7,690 milligrams of sodium.


The sodium is what makes it awesome. The calories add that extra zing.

dcm81
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby dcm81 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:55 pm

Orange County has more than "Cheesecake" factory. We have Habana's, Javiers, Mastros Steakhouse, Orange Circle with all its restaurants, and El Gallo Giro for the best tacos in california (LA has tito's which sucks). LA/SD have a better nightlife no question, but there are plenty of good places to eat in OC. We may not have a blacks eatery covered here in with the lack of a Roscoes restaurant, but if you want Korean barbecue, Thai, Dim Sum, great sushi, or pretty much anything else we got it covered. And what the hell is this about OC being whitewashed? If you live in Newport Beach or parts of south county, sure your going to run into some D cup swedes but Central County is almost like East LA except clearner, and North County is a mix of Asia and Mexico. So Orange County is segregated like LA, but we still have a good mix of places to eat at. So quit hating on OC unless your trying to rip on Newport, which is pretty damn boring.

User avatar
Mattalones
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby Mattalones » Fri May 28, 2010 12:59 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:eat@ SoCal chains at your own peril.

Blatant anti-socal trolling! :twisted:

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby Mr. Matlock » Fri May 28, 2010 1:02 pm

dcm81 wrote:Orange County has more than "Cheesecake" factory. We have Habana's, Javiers, Mastros Steakhouse, Orange Circle with all its restaurants, and El Gallo Giro for the best tacos in california (LA has tito's which sucks). LA/SD have a better nightlife no question, but there are plenty of good places to eat in OC. We may not have a blacks eatery covered here in with the lack of a Roscoes restaurant, but if you want Korean barbecue, Thai, Dim Sum, great sushi, or pretty much anything else we got it covered. And what the hell is this about OC being whitewashed? If you live in Newport Beach or parts of south county, sure your going to run into some D cup swedes but Central County is almost like East LA except clearner, and North County is a mix of Asia and Mexico. So Orange County is segregated like LA, but we still have a good mix of places to eat at. So quit hating on OC unless your trying to rip on Newport, which is pretty damn boring.

Mastros is fucking INCREDIBLE, but I've only been to the one in Beverly Hills. Get the bone-in filet. It's not on the menu.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby 20160810 » Fri May 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Now I'm hungry, but I still maintain that the only place in SoCal I could live without wanting to /self is San Diego. MAYBE LA if I had enough money that I didn't have to live in Echo Park with the hipsters and car thieves.

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby Kilpatrick » Fri May 28, 2010 1:14 pm

.
Last edited by Kilpatrick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri May 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:
dcm81 wrote:Orange County has more than "Cheesecake" factory. We have Habana's, Javiers, Mastros Steakhouse, Orange Circle with all its restaurants, and El Gallo Giro for the best tacos in california (LA has tito's which sucks). LA/SD have a better nightlife no question, but there are plenty of good places to eat in OC. We may not have a blacks eatery covered here in with the lack of a Roscoes restaurant, but if you want Korean barbecue, Thai, Dim Sum, great sushi, or pretty much anything else we got it covered. And what the hell is this about OC being whitewashed? If you live in Newport Beach or parts of south county, sure your going to run into some D cup swedes but Central County is almost like East LA except clearner, and North County is a mix of Asia and Mexico. So Orange County is segregated like LA, but we still have a good mix of places to eat at. So quit hating on OC unless your trying to rip on Newport, which is pretty damn boring.


I think the term you're looking for is soul food restaurant.


http://www.theseaboat.com/

dcm81
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby dcm81 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:
dcm81 wrote:Orange County has more than "Cheesecake" factory. We have Habana's, Javiers, Mastros Steakhouse, Orange Circle with all its restaurants, and El Gallo Giro for the best tacos in california (LA has tito's which sucks). LA/SD have a better nightlife no question, but there are plenty of good places to eat in OC. We may not have a blacks eatery covered here in with the lack of a Roscoes restaurant, but if you want Korean barbecue, Thai, Dim Sum, great sushi, or pretty much anything else we got it covered. And what the hell is this about OC being whitewashed? If you live in Newport Beach or parts of south county, sure your going to run into some D cup swedes but Central County is almost like East LA except clearner, and North County is a mix of Asia and Mexico. So Orange County is segregated like LA, but we still have a good mix of places to eat at. So quit hating on OC unless your trying to rip on Newport, which is pretty damn boring.


I think the term you're looking for is soul food restaurant.


We got a couple memphis restaurants here which is mostly soul food, but its nothing amazing. I do wish they had Roscoe's here though, their chicken and waffles are amazing...

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby d34d9823 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:01 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:08 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:--ImageRemoved--

Necessary meme.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby 20160810 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:28 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:--ImageRemoved--

Necessary meme.

I don't know how I missed that line when I read the post the first time. Wow. Now I'm wondering: Subtle anti-OC trolling?

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Postby Notor » Fri May 28, 2010 4:44 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:--ImageRemoved--

Please explain to me how this fits with Philosoraptor.

Unfunny




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests