My Chances

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lostjake

Re: My Chances

Postby lostjake » Thu May 20, 2010 12:36 am

Engineer>>>>>>>>>Cars salesman.

/thread

lostjake

Postby lostjake » Thu May 20, 2010 12:49 am

You know, I've questioned you about WTF you're going to be doing here in the next two years. You don't have anything to say to that. What does that mean? When I go on vacation they have to hire a contract expert to replace me. You're probably jobless. When you go on vacation they hire a baby sitter. You're a fucking loser.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu May 20, 2010 6:38 am

Kalvano, LostJake: kiss and make up

OP: you have 50ish practice tests to work with, and 2 good powerscore books. There is simply not enough material to study for 3 years, so don't bother until 6-8 months out. If you really want to start gunning for a tippy top law school

1. Pick a major you KNOW you can get 3.9 in, if we're talking HYS you want, a 3.7 means you're more than likely out no matter your LSAT

2. Build your extra curricular. Softs matter most at these schools because they have to differentiate amongst the best, start building your resume and getting involved with pretty softs like community service maybe?

3. If you really are concerned about maxing your LSAT score, dense reading in your free time can help with RC if that's a weak point. a class on critical thinking/logical reasoning would be good for LR. You can do things peripherally to help, just don't study the material directly, yet.

E A Howard

Postby E A Howard » Fri May 21, 2010 12:17 am

I do intend to go into IP law. My goal is to eventually become a Patent Attorney and work for a large firm. Does anyone know if doing Engineering Physics over EE will make any real difference in my career options after college, or perhaps more importantly, how competitive I will be for law school?

I am choosing EP over EE because doing a more diverse curriculum will give me a greater level of employment resiliency.

Thank you all who have contributed to this, the information is well received and very helpful.

merichard87

Postby merichard87 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:24 am

E A Howard wrote:I do intend to go into IP law. My goal is to eventually become a Patent Attorney and work for a large firm. Does anyone know if doing Engineering Physics over EE will make any real difference in my career options after college, or perhaps more importantly, how competitive I will be for law school?

I am choosing EP over EE because doing a more diverse curriculum will give me a greater level of employment resiliency.

Thank you all who have contributed to this, the information is well received and very helpful.

You really need to do some more research into the facts behind that statement.

luckycurl84

Postby luckycurl84 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:51 am

merichard87 wrote:
E A Howard wrote:I do intend to go into IP law. My goal is to eventually become a Patent Attorney and work for a large firm. Does anyone know if doing Engineering Physics over EE will make any real difference in my career options after college, or perhaps more importantly, how competitive I will be for law school?

You really need to do some more research into the facts behind that statement.

+1

FWIW, Tulane's Engineering Physics program is not ABET accredited; so at least in my mind, it places it solidly in Applied Physics despite the random engineering classes thrown in.

It's Tulane's rather poor replacement of CE, EE, and ME. One semester of circuits does not provide enough compentency to get an EE's job. They should just call it what it is: mechanical engineering-lite taught by physics, chemical engineering, and biomedical engineering faculty.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”