Should I stay or should I go? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Cactus

Bronze

Should I stay or should I go?

Post by Cactus » Tue May 18, 2010 4:15 pm

I just finished my junior year in undergrad and I plan to take the June 2011 LSAT. (I would be taking this year's June Test, but am taking 4.5 years to graduate so I could double major and have some time off before law school). Over the past year, and through this summer, I've been working as an undergraduate law clerk for the university system office of general counsel. I've been debating back and forth on whether or not to continue my job into the fall to get some short term cash, or if I should direct my time and energy into maintaining my gpa and studying for the June LSAT. I'm torn and wanted to see some opinions on the matter, and what you guys would do? I appreciate it.

GATORTIM

Silver

Re: Should I stay or should I go?

Post by GATORTIM » Tue May 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Cactus wrote:I just finished my junior year in undergrad and I plan to take the June 2011 LSAT.....what you guys would do? I appreciate it.
inflate GPA, hook-up with chicks and start prepping for LSAT in Feb/March....good luck

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:18 pm

I think you should probably stop listening to The Clash.

Cactus

Bronze

Post by Cactus » Thu May 20, 2010 12:54 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
Cactus wrote:I just finished my junior year in undergrad and I plan to take the June 2011 LSAT.....what you guys would do? I appreciate it.
inflate GPA, hook-up with chicks and start prepping for LSAT in Feb/March....good luck
Good plan. I was leaning towards ending the job at the close of summer, and maybe firing up the LSAT prep sometime in the fall.

brocklanders12

New

Post by brocklanders12 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Good luck to the Nard Dog. You definitely want to improve your B average from Cornell, though.

Cactus

Bronze

Post by Cactus » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:39 pm

brocklanders12 wrote:Good luck to the Nard Dog. You definitely want to improve your B average from Cornell, though.
You're right, I used to get wicked hammered. My nickname was puke. I would chug a fifth of socos, sneak into a frat party, polish off a few people's empties...some brewskies...some Jell-O shots, do some body shots off myself, pass out, wake up the next morning, puke, rally, more soco, head to class. Probably would have gotten expelled if I had let it affect my grades, but I aced all my courses. They called me Ace. It was totally awesome. Got straight B's. They called me Buzz.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”