When do you work out?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

When do you work out?

Morning - 5am-9am
27%
Afternoon - 12pm-4pm
18%
Night time - 6pm-before bedtime
43%
Insomnia Hour - 12-5am
3%
None of the above
8%

Total votes: 177

ilovelawapps

Re: When do you work out?

Postby ilovelawapps » Thu May 27, 2010 10:43 am

I keep hearing classes generally start in the 8:30-9 am range and run till about 3-5pm. Then you gotta eat and study for a few hours at night...fitting the gym in seems doable and I'm definitely going to go before class, hopefully it'll work out....no pun intended.

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:10 am

SuperFreak wrote:Never. I should start working out. I'm 5'6 and weight 185 pounds. What should I do?

I'm sure you are just flaming, but my advice to anyone that wanted to get in shape and had little experience with exercising or who has been out of shape for a long time, is to start slow and make yourself a plan and stick to it. I really recommend picking up a recreational or athletic hobby that requires good fitness (hiking, cycling, kayaking, recreational sports leagues, etc.) to motivate yourself to do the more boring day to day exercise. For me, anyway, really being dedicated to a work out program requires more than just knowing that it is good for me and keeps me looking good, but I am into tons of outdoor recreational activities and sports, so I always have something I'm training for.

Anyway, this book is really good if you are interested in getting into running at all: http://www.amazon.com/Runners-World-Less-Faster-Revolutionary/dp/159486649X It includes everything from a training schedule for someone who has never run before to train for a 5k in 12 weeks, to training schedules to help someone qualify for the Boston marathon, and it only requires three days of running per week (2-3 days cross training), which is really good for avoiding stress injuries, especially for novice runners. I think running is a pretty good place to start with trying to get in shape, but there are plenty of other ways too.

AnthonyNicator

Postby AnthonyNicator » Thu May 27, 2010 3:12 pm

SuperFreak wrote:Never. I should start working out. I'm 5'6 and weight 185 pounds. What should I do?

another good piece of advice would be to not start and then expect to see an immediate difference, it takes time! if you feel like you want to slim down, or bulk up, the key to stick with whatever you do and be patient. the most important thing is nutrition, so cut out high amounts of sugar, cheese and carbs. good luck!

triathlete0128

Postby triathlete0128 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:21 pm

as it stands in the summer before 1L, i'm in the 5am, early-rising, crowd. law school might change that, though i personally find an early morning workout gives me the energy to push through the entire day...i'm pretty tired by 10:30-11pm though.

itsfine

Postby itsfine » Thu May 27, 2010 3:30 pm

if you're not doing squats, get the fuck out of the gym

Cali167

Postby Cali167 » Sun May 30, 2010 4:07 pm

itsfine wrote:if you're not doing squats, get the fuck out of the gym

Squat+Deadlifts or go home. I'm tired of seeing these guys doing 1/4 squats in the smith machine. GTFO. And LOL at people pretending to be "too busy" to go to the gym or "not having enough time." Priorities=Family>Work>Gym>everything else.

Oh, and I hit it after 7 P.M.

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Sun May 30, 2010 4:36 pm

Really random... But, there is a very cute guy at my gym that I want to flirt with (heck at least start to friendly pleasantries). I find myself afraid to say anything in fear that I will have to change my gym time LOL. I have never had this problem before but I think its because I like the way things are right now and I don't think I could handle the additional a 7pm work out schedule on top of waiting for schools to let me in! Then I would have to find something else to buy my time during the day and chances are compulsive email checking will win...

Advice? Suck it up and hit on him or move on because I'm going to law school next year and am bomb all on my own? Lol

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Sun May 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:Really random... But, there is a very cute guy at my gym that I want to flirt with (heck at least start to friendly pleasantries). I find myself afraid to say anything in fear that I will have to change my gym time LOL. I have never had this problem before but I think its because I like the way things are right now and I don't think I could handle the additional a 7pm work out schedule on top of waiting for schools to let me in! Then I would have to find something else to buy my time during the day and chances are compulsive email checking will win...

Advice? Suck it up and hit on him or move on because I'm going to law school next year and am bomb all on my own? Lol

Go for it. Nothing takes precedence over a one-night stand.

youpiiz

Postby youpiiz » Sun May 30, 2010 4:39 pm

insomnia hrs ftw

Postby 20160810 » Sun May 30, 2010 11:49 pm

When DON'T I work out?

*flexes*

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”