transfer question... CCN to Harvard?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
transferornot

transfer question... CCN to Harvard?

Postby transferornot » Sat May 15, 2010 12:51 pm

hello....

So I'm going to a t14 next year... I was wondering what percentage of my class I need to be to transfer into Harvard. Don't get me wrong: I'm extremely lucky to be atending the school I'm attending next year. However, this is my second year applying to Harvard (having been waitlisted one year and rejected the other). I would be happy at the school I'm attending... but it would be lovely if I could transfer to my dream school. Either way... it's a win/win situation...

What percentage do I need to be in my class?

thanks!

legends159

Re: transfer question... CCN to Harvard?

Postby legends159 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:01 pm

aim for #1 but throw in an application if you're above median.

legalease9

Postby legalease9 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Did you get money at the school you are attending? If you did, you probably have no reason to go to Harvard. You would have to do so well at your current school, that your status at said school would probably speak just as well as a Harvard Degree. Now if you are paying sticker, a Harvard transfer may be worth it.

transferornot

Postby transferornot » Sat May 15, 2010 1:09 pm

legalease9 wrote:Did you get money at the school you are attending? If you did, you probably have no reason to go to Harvard. You would have to do so well at your current school, that your status at said school would probably speak just as well as a Harvard Degree. Now if you are paying sticker, a Harvard transfer may be worth it.

I'm paying sticker...

legalease9

Postby legalease9 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:24 pm

transferornot wrote:
legalease9 wrote:Did you get money at the school you are attending? If you did, you probably have no reason to go to Harvard. You would have to do so well at your current school, that your status at said school would probably speak just as well as a Harvard Degree. Now if you are paying sticker, a Harvard transfer may be worth it.

I'm paying sticker...

Go for it then. I would guess that you need to be top 10% to get into Harvard on a transfer.

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Sat May 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Last edited by of Benito Cereno on Mon May 17, 2010 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

transferornot

Postby transferornot » Sat May 15, 2010 1:32 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
legalease9 wrote:
transferornot wrote:

I'm paying sticker...

Go for it then. I would guess that you need to be top 10% to get into Harvard on a transfer.

that seems a bitt too rough, top 10% from a school filled with people waitlisted at harvard anyways..? i bet students in top 1/4 stand a chance.

or does it vary between which t14 your a part of (t10 vs. 13-14..etc) ... if you should be in the top 10% of your class or top 25%?

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Sat May 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Last edited by of Benito Cereno on Mon May 17, 2010 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”