Xfering from Hastings (T2) to Davis Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Teoeo

Silver

Xfering from Hastings (T2) to Davis

Post by Teoeo » Thu May 13, 2010 3:20 pm

I was wondering how high in the class one would have to be to xfer from Hastings to Davis. Considering Hastings is now almost T2, what would you guys say, like top 25 percent?

P.S. XD

UCLAtransfer

Bronze

Re: Xfering from Hastings (T2) to Davis

Post by UCLAtransfer » Thu May 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Is there a very specific reason you are thinking about doing this?

You actually do give up a lot transferring, which is why people usually only do it to move up significantly. While the rankings gap between Hastings and Davis does seem to be widening, it doesn't seem like one has drastically better employment prospects than the other, so unless there is a specific reason I would question whether it is worth the sacrifices.

To answer your question though, I would imagine top 25% might do it, especially if you can convey a compelling reason. (Although I was just outside the top 10% at a mid T2, got into Hastings, Georgetown, and UCLA, and got rejected from Davis, FWIW.)

Teoeo

Silver

Re: Xfering from Hastings (T2) to Davis

Post by Teoeo » Thu May 13, 2010 3:29 pm

UCLAtransfer wrote:Is there a very specific reason you are thinking about doing this?

You actually do give up a lot transferring, which is why people usually only do it to move up significantly. While the rankings gap between Hastings and Davis does seem to be widening, it doesn't seem like one has drastically better employment prospects than the other, so unless there is a specific reason I would question whether it is worth the sacrifices.

To answer your question though, I would imagine top 25% might do it, especially if you can convey a compelling reason. (Although I was just outside the top 10% at a mid T2, got into Hastings, Georgetown, and UCLA, and got rejected from Davis, FWIW.)

Heh, I was just trolling because I am sick of hearing Hastings students rage about the rankings.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”