The flood of new law schools never ends!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gwuorbust

The flood of new law schools never ends!!

Postby gwuorbust » Wed May 12, 2010 3:45 pm

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/sto ... aily4.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concordia_ ... ool_of_Law

"The law school was originally scheduled to open in 2009, but an increase in the start-up costs from $4 million to $7 million delayed the planned opening..."

dear God, if all it takes to open a LS and send thousands of new kids into the traps of debt and poverty, I fear for this profession.

shepdawg

Re: The flood of new law schools never ends!!

Postby shepdawg » Wed May 12, 2010 3:49 pm

I wonder how long it will take them to break even.

3 Stripes

Postby 3 Stripes » Wed May 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Both of you guys need to stop being so pessimistic.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed May 12, 2010 4:05 pm

Why should we care?

stintez

Postby stintez » Wed May 12, 2010 4:08 pm

WTF another new law school. God if I could just think of a way to scam people out of their money like this id be retired in about 5 years.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed May 12, 2010 4:20 pm

I see no problem here.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Wed May 12, 2010 4:20 pm

These new law schools are sucking the prestige right out of the degree and profession. If you aren't Princeton, MIT, Johns Hopkins, Brown, Rice, Tufts, Wellesley, GA. Tech, Purdue, Rensselaer Tech, Cal Tech, UC-San Diego, Spelman, Miami-Ohio, Davidson, or something akin to the stature(s) of those schools, you should not be opening a new law school. And we could close about 50 schools and not miss them, from Cooley to Golden Gate to John Marshall (ATL)...STOP!!!!!!!
Last edited by PDaddy on Wed May 12, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3 Stripes

Postby 3 Stripes » Wed May 12, 2010 4:21 pm

PDaddy wrote:These new law schools are sucking the prestige right out of the degree and profession. If you aren't Princeton, MIT, Johns Hopkins, Brown, Rice, Tufts, Wellesley, GA. Tech, Purdue, Rensselaer Tech, Cal Tech, UC-San Diego, Spelman, Miami-Ohio, Davidson, or something akin to the stature(s) of those schools, you should not be opening a new law school. And we could close about 50 schools and not miss them, from Cooley to Golden Gate to John Marshall (ATL).

...says the anti-racism racist troll.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed May 12, 2010 4:22 pm

PDaddy wrote:These new law schools are sucking the prestige right out of the degree and profession. If you aren't Princeton, MIT, Johns Hopkins, Brown, Rice, Tufts, Wellesley, GA. Tech, Purdue, Rensselaer Tech, Cal Tech, UC-San Diego, Spelman, Miami-Ohio, Davidson, or something akin to the stature(s) of those schools, you should not be opening a new law school. And we could close about 50 schools and not miss them, from Cooley to Golden Gate to John Marshall (ATL)...STOP!!!!!!!

PDADDY IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sup homegirl.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Wed May 12, 2010 4:28 pm

3 Stripes wrote:
PDaddy wrote:These new law schools are sucking the prestige right out of the degree and profession. If you aren't Princeton, MIT, Johns Hopkins, Brown, Rice, Tufts, Wellesley, GA. Tech, Purdue, Rensselaer Tech, Cal Tech, UC-San Diego, Spelman, Miami-Ohio, Davidson, or something akin to the stature(s) of those schools, you should not be opening a new law school. And we could close about 50 schools and not miss them, from Cooley to Golden Gate to John Marshall (ATL).

This has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the profession. There are many good law schools, but we could stand to close a few. As far as race...you want to talk about racists, there are many white racists on this site. But you want to deflect away from that and call me a racist. All of you who say the LSAT measures "intelligence" are masking your racist feelings. And the anti-AA trolls are racist too. I disagree with AA as a concept, but I don't believe what the law schools are doing is AA.

Call me names if you want to. I have said many times that I am not going anywhere. I didn't come here to make friends; I came here to get in your ear, which I have obviously done. I am very happy right now that I get so much attention, and I am glad I am probably the most hated man (among the white TLSers) on this site. It means that I am doing my job, which is not to be nice to you, but to tell the absolute truth...whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed May 12, 2010 4:33 pm

This is now the new PDaddy quote thread.

OP please update the title, TYIA

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed May 12, 2010 4:33 pm

PDaddy wrote: My talent with words exeeds that of probably 95% of the people on this board, and I know that because of my English grades and writing awards. Secondly, I don't group ALL whites together. You are putting words in my mouth. What i am saying is what many white scholars themselves say. This country breed racism within the white society. And the problem is that whites don't accept that their skin color affords them privileges that people of color do not have. The typical middle-class white man wouldn't trade places with a rich black man. I know this because of a study done by Jonathan Kozol when he wrote Savage Inequalities. That is an admission that white people DO understand their skin color to be an advantage.

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Wed May 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Uh oh... and we're off.

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Wed May 12, 2010 4:35 pm

PDaddy wrote:
This has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the profession. There are many good law schools, but we could stand to close a few. As far as race...you want to talk about racists, there are many white racists on this site. But you want to deflect away from that and call me a racist. All of you who say the LSAT measures "intelligence" are masking your racist feelings. And the anti-AA trolls are racist too. I disagree with AA as a concept, but I don't believe what the law schools are doing is AA.

Call me names if you want to. I have said many times that I am not going anywhere. I didn't come here to make friends; I came here to get in your ear, which I have obviously done. I am very happy right now that I get so much attention, and I am glad I am probably the most hated man (among the white TLSers) on this site. It means that I am doing my job, which is not to be nice to you, but to tell the absolute truth...whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

Your excellence...TLS's Black Jesus...

I can't think of anymore names to call you but I'll work on it.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed May 12, 2010 4:36 pm

PDaddy wrote:Those no ass havin', no-lipped, hawk-nosed, sunburned, buttermilk in the mornin' smellin' (and they smell just like buttermilk in the morning), pale-faced scrubs will never touch black men in the beauty department. They typically can't dance, they're nasty (in more ways than one), and they are cowardly.

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Wed May 12, 2010 4:36 pm

--ImageRemoved--

3 Stripes

Postby 3 Stripes » Wed May 12, 2010 4:37 pm

PDaddy wrote:
3 Stripes wrote:

I'm sure that you realize that if we were to follow your idea of allowing only your aforementioned schools and closing down lower-tiered, ABA-accredited schools, you'd inevitably be closing off routes of opportunities for, but not exclusively, black Americans and other URMs who wouldn't be able to practice law at higher "ranked" schools. Just think about that and then think about who's really championing civil rights, between the both of us.

itsmytime10

Postby itsmytime10 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:39 pm

PDaddy wrote:
3 Stripes wrote:

The Biggest Racist on this Board is DESERT FOX...i saw some shit he wrote today about ethnicity being irrelevant in diversity of the Supreme Courts....i am white and i still think he is fucken racist.....

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Wed May 12, 2010 4:40 pm

In before "you're not black."

Postby 005618502 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:41 pm

i wish i could get a 3.7 GPA and a 166 on the LSAT and have a shot at top 10 schools.

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Wed May 12, 2010 4:41 pm

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed May 12, 2010 4:43 pm

cartercl wrote:In before "you're not black."

PDaddy will decide that.

Postby 09042014 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:45 pm

itsmytime10 wrote:The Biggest Racist on this Board is DESERT FOX...i saw some shit he wrote today about ethnicity being irrelevant in diversity of the Supreme Courts....i am white and i still think he is fucken racist.....

And we meet again.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed May 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
itsmytime10 wrote:The Biggest Racist on this Board is DESERT FOX...i saw some shit he wrote today about ethnicity being irrelevant in diversity of the Supreme Courts....i am white and i still think he is fucken racist.....

And we meet again.

The extent of Itsmytime's idiocy knows no bounds.

itsmytime10

Postby itsmytime10 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:49 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

And we meet again.

The extent of Itsmytime's idiocy knows no bounds.

I just love to hate cos NU didnt take me.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”