Question regarding letters of rec and a past application

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sjohnson4382

Question regarding letters of rec and a past application

Postby sjohnson4382 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:33 pm

I applied to South Carolina last year and due to my LSAT being a little low I was waitlisted and ultimately did not get in. I did get accepted into Charleston, and enrolled however I withdrew the day before classes due to my wife having some pregnancy difficulties and it was going to be tough living 3 hours away from her.
I am wanting to take the lsat again and apply for fall 2011. Are my letters of rec with LSAC still good or do I need new ones. Also how will enrolling and then withdrawing before classes started affect me at usc? any other advice is good. thanks

RockyLovesEmily

Re: Question regarding letters of rec and a past application

Postby RockyLovesEmily » Wed May 12, 2010 2:57 am

Won't hurt you.

As Alec Baldwin says in the Departed, "Marriage is an important part of getting ahead: lets people know you're not a homo; married guy seems more stable; people see the ring, they think at least somebody can stand the son of a bitch; ladies see the ring, they know immediately you must have some cash or your cock must work."

I'd use the same LORs. No reason to risk it. They'll understand you found yourself in an unfortunate circumstance and had to put it off for a year, now you're just jumping through the same hoops. I hope your wife and child are okay.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”