An Old Romance Is Influencing My Decision...Anybody Else?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NewLobo

Re: An Old Romance Is Influencing My Decision...Anybody Else?

Postby NewLobo » Tue May 11, 2010 6:49 pm

This person is an ex for a reason. Unless something drastic has changed, go with the school that gives you the most options.

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Tue May 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Bang him now; get new ass in law school.

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Tue May 11, 2010 6:58 pm

An ex is influencing my decision too...

I'm moving across country to finally bolt that coffin shut.

sanpiero

Postby sanpiero » Tue May 11, 2010 7:01 pm

ec2xs wrote:Thanks for the responses. I'm not necessarily looking for advice (ultimately I'll be very confident in my decision, which isn't as in flux as my original post may have suggested). I was just wondering if anybody else was in a similar situation of leaving someone for law school or if anybody had similar stories to tell.

For those that wanted to know more about my personal situation: yes, we've talked about marriage. No, she wouldn't move (residency program). If I attended SMU, it would be for reasons mostly outside of my dynamic with her.

As in the program that follows four years of med school or as in she really wants in-state tuition. If the former, get your a** down to Texas, buddy

badlydrawn

Postby badlydrawn » Tue May 11, 2010 7:03 pm

sanpiero wrote:
ec2xs wrote:Thanks for the responses. I'm not necessarily looking for advice (ultimately I'll be very confident in my decision, which isn't as in flux as my original post may have suggested). I was just wondering if anybody else was in a similar situation of leaving someone for law school or if anybody had similar stories to tell.

For those that wanted to know more about my personal situation: yes, we've talked about marriage. No, she wouldn't move (residency program). If I attended SMU, it would be for reasons mostly outside of my dynamic with her.

As in the program that follows four years of med school or as in she really wants in-state tuition. If the former, get your a** down to Texas, buddy

lulz. This. This so much.

SandyC877

Postby SandyC877 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:06 am

[strike]
hellokitty wrote:I'll tell you the same thing that I tell everyone else: Follow Your Heart. <3

If you won't be significantly worse off closer to the old flame then I don't see how it could hurt too much. It might work out, you never know! I would go for it, honestly.
[/strike]

You and your education come first. Your ex can leave you just like she did the first time. Your JD isn't exchangeable. Think with your head. Don't go back to your vomit. Tread carefully, you are about to make one of the most important decisions in your life.

RockyLovesEmily

Postby RockyLovesEmily » Wed May 12, 2010 1:13 am

jayn3 wrote:if you can't make up your mind, do a coin toss. if you don't like the result, then you know which one you really want to do.

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Wed May 12, 2010 4:35 am

RockyLovesEmily wrote:
jayn3 wrote:if you can't make up your mind, do a coin toss. if you don't like the result, then you know which one you really want to do.

i've done this before and found it surprisingly helpful. never for a decision of this size though. give it a try and see if it makes any difference

Fark-o-vision

Postby Fark-o-vision » Wed May 12, 2010 4:57 am

Look, you can always hook up with her when you are back in town. Just make sure you are more awesome than her husband or her children. This has not been a problem for me.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”