Apply w/out Reportable LSAT Score? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
angiej

Silver

Apply w/out Reportable LSAT Score?

Post by angiej » Sat May 08, 2010 12:01 pm

What is the consensus (if there is such a thing on TLS): I have my personal statement, diversity statement, and LOR's lined up and in good order (yes I'm eager). I want to apply in September to help maximize my chances of getting into my top-choice schools plus since I will need to relocate and find living arrangements for me and my giant dogs this will take lots of pre-planning. I am registered to take the June lsat but am not in good shape. I think I need to defer 'til October. If I do this, should I still apply in September since I have everything ready to go anyway? Does this hurt or help my chances? Will my app even get looked at until I have a reportable lsat score?

lebob

New

Re: Apply w/out Reportable LSAT Score?

Post by lebob » Sat May 08, 2010 12:06 pm

they'll hold your application until your score comes in

however, if you turn in the other stuff first, they'll have your app high up in the queue and look at it probably as soon as your score comes out (compared to the other kids who turn in everything after they've received their score)

wadeny

Bronze

Post by wadeny » Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 pm

You can technically do it, but the schools won't look at your apps until they are complete (i.e. you have an LSAT score). This is fine, though, because as soon as your LSAT score comes in, it will be added to your app and you won't have to wait weeks for it to go complete while other people are panicking to get their apps in. As far as I see it, the only major drawback is if the score turns out to be much lower than you expected, you ended up wasting a lot of money submitting your apps to (essentially) a bunch of reach schools.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Sat May 08, 2010 12:09 pm

lebob wrote:they'll hold your application until your score comes in

however, if you turn in the other stuff first, they'll have your app high up in the queue and look at it probably as soon as your score comes out (compared to the other kids who turn in everything after they've received their score)
Good. I guess in my perfect dream world, I was hoping they would see my app, fall in love with me as an applicant, and then only if I had a super terrible lsat score turn me down. But I suppose your right, I will probably just end up on the top of the pile. Ugh. I hate this.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sat May 08, 2010 12:25 pm

Submit the apps; retake in Dec. if you don't like your score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”